Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 19:49

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: quarterbacks getting it for lesser physical hits,
СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2018, 06:12 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
With the best record in the American League at stake, the Texas Rangers send Yu Darvish to the mound Friday night to start a three-game home series against Tampa Bay to close out the regular season.The AL West champion Rangers (94-65) are sitting in good shape to lock down home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Boston (92-67) and Cleveland (91-67) are still in the mix, but Texas can clinch with one win against the Rays (66-93) at Globe Life Park.Darvish (6-5, 3.53 ERA) is making his final start before the AL Division Series. The 30-year-old right-hander is slotted to pitch the second game of the playoffs behind Cole Hamels.Im very much looking forward to it, Darvish said. I pitched in one postseason game and that was it. Its going to be on the bigger stage, and Im looking forward to pitching in it.Darvish appears to be hitting his stride at the right time. Hes struck out 30.8 percent of batters faced (101 of 328) since the All-Star break, the second-highest mark in AL and fourth in the majors.He made his only postseason start in the 2012 AL Wild Card game against Baltimore, allowing two earned runs in 6 2/3 innings.I feel like Im a better pitcher now, mentally and mechanically, Darvish said. I have been trying a lot of stuff, and my last outing gave me more confidence. Im happy where I am at.Darvish earned the win Sept. 24 in Oakland, a 5-0 victory. He worked seven innings, allowed two hits and struck out nine.The Rangers are going with a four-man rotation in the postseason, though manager Jeff Banister hasnt named the starters behind Hamels and Darvish. The likely favorites are Colby Lewis and Martin Perez, who will close out the regular season against Tampa Bay.We look at all different scenarios, weigh the pros and cons, Banister said. We just feel that four guys, given where we are at and the pitchers that we have, I think thats the best scenario for us.The Rays send Matt Andriese (8-7, 4.34) to the hill in the series opener. The right-hander has allowed two or fewer runs in his last three starts after struggling throughout August and the first half of September.Hes done a really nice job, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. When he was put back in the rotation he probably wasnt as efficient, wasnt consistent with his pitches, but over the last couple of starts hes really pitched ... well. Both the changeup and the curveball have played huge. Hes got a better feel for his off-speed now.Its been a long season for Tampa Bay, but Cash is looking forward to the environment this weekend.We expect to see some big crowds there, which will be good, he said. Its always fun to play in front of those crowds, and they are playing for something because that home-field advantage means a ton. Cheap Dallas Stars Jerseys . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Cheap Boston Bruins Jerseys .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. http://www.nhldiscount.us.com/Authentic-calgary-flames-custom-jerseys/ .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. Cheap Ottawa Senators Jerseys . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Jerseys . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cam Newton got the phone call he wanted.NFL commissioner Roger Goodell spoke via telephone with Newton about the Carolina quarterbacks concerns over not being protected by game officials from hits while in the pocket, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.The phone call came Tuesday, but its unclear exactly what they discussed.The person spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the details of the meeting were not disclosed.NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy declined comment.Newton criticized league officials after Carolinas 30-20 win over Arizona on Sunday, saying that he doesnt feel safe in the pocket because officials are treating him differently than other QBs in the league by not throwing flags when he takes an illegal hit.He said after the game he planned to talk to Goodell about his concerns.Newton said he reached his breaking point came when Cardinals defensive tackle Calais Campbell tackled him below the knees as he released the football.Campbell was not penalized.It was reminiscent of the hit that sidelined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for the season in 2008.I could have torn my ACL, Newton said Sunday.Newtons frustrations come from numerous hits through this career and added that enough is enough.I dont think theres a person that can go through what I go through and keep their head, you know what Im sayying? Newton said.dddddddddddd Hits to the head, thats one thing, but when youre not protected in the pocket, thats another thing. It became the story of my life ever since I came in (to the league). Its always, `Oh, we missed that, Im sorry. Thats bull c---.Panthers coach Ron Rivera threw his support behind Newton on Monday.Cam is correct, Rivera said. I support him 100 percent in this. I was disappointed it wasnt called. But I get the benefit of looking up at the screen and seeing it on replay. It confirmed what I thought. Its difficult. Youd like to see those calls made. Id love to see our quarterback get those calls.Newton said he is tired of hearing officials tell him they missed a call.I just cant keep accepting, `Oh, we missed that one, or `I apologize for doing that or `I didnt see it, Newton said. Thats horse c---. Coming from a person whos been fined before, coming from a person who everybodys expecting a lot from, Im still going. But yet, when you constantly see the hits, when you constantly see flags being picked up and flags not being thrown, and to see other quarterbacks getting it for lesser physical hits, its taking the fun for me out.Im just being honest about that.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Outlet China NFL Hoodies China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China NFL T-shirts From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Authentic Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email