Текущее время: 19 мар 2024, 14:23

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: the game at Penn State because of a left ankle injury
СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2018, 06:09 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
CHASKA, Minn. -- Memo to the 11-member U.S. task force organized to break Europes near-chokehold on the Ryder Cup:You did well. Now take the next couple years off.The most lopsided win for the American team since 1981 in the bag, there doesnt seem much need to change the formula that carried the U.S. to a 17-11 win Sunday at Hazeltine National Golf Club. Probably not much need to change the captain, either, after Davis Love III came up a winner in his second time at the helm.But Phil Mickelson is both a tinkerer and a thinker, and he doesnt figure to leave well enough alone. Hes also the most influential member of the task force, and may tweak a few things for the 2018 Ryder Cup in Paris.For us to go to Europe and try to win the Cup is a whole different feat, Mickelson said. Thats going to require a whole different level of play, of solidarity, of fortitude and we are going to have to build on this in two years if we want to try to retain the Cup.Europes dominance dating to 1985 remains impressive: they still claim six of the last eight and eight of the last 11 Ryder Cup wins. Worse yet for the Americans, they havent won on foreign soil since capturing the Cup in 1993 at The Belfry in England.And that has Lefty thinking a bit.The thing about this is that we need to build on this, Mickelson said. Otherwise its all for naught.Some other takeaways from the U.S. win:NEXT U.S. STAR?: When the task force does get back to work, its No. 1 priority should be to find more guys like Patrick Reed. Dubbed Captain America by his teammates, the 26-year-old Texan went 3-1-1 in the event, capping his performance by staring down McIlroy, Europes top player, in the critical opening singles match that delivered some thrilling shots from both players on the front nine.Reeds gutsy showing in all five matches was exceeded only by his bravado. After Tiger Woods, serving as a vice captain, told Reed hed likely be held out for one of those sessions, Reed replied, Youre not sitting me for any matches.Convinced, Woods pushed captain Love to use Reed -- who went 3-0-1 as a rookie two years ago -- and partner Jordan Spieth in Saturdays final slot. They responded with a third win over the tough European pair of Henrik Stenson and Justin Rose.---NEXT EUROPEAN STAR?: Thomas Pieters took his first Ryder Cup swings with a stocking cap on his head on Friday morning. It didnt take him long to get really comfortable.Pieters went 4-1-0 at Hazeltine, the best debut performance ever for a European. Three of those wins came when he was teamed with McIlroy, giving Europe a solid foundation heading into the next Ryder Cup and possibly for years after.Ive got a partner beside me for the next 20 years, McIlroy said with a smile, putting his arms on Pieters shoulders. Im not letting anyone else have him.---FAN BEHAVIOR: A record crowd of more than 50,000 packed Hazeltine for all three days of the event, including some fans who shouted vulgar and obscene things at some of the Europeans. One was removed from the course after an exchange with McIlroy.But the players and captain Darren Clarke commended the U.S. team for helping police the crowds and said 99.99 percent of the fans were exceptional all weekend. McIlroy was asked if the American team should expect similar treatment from European fans in 2018, when the Ryder Cup will be on the line in Paris.We wouldnt encourage any sort of retaliation, McIlroy said. Thats not who we are. Thats not what we do. There wont be. And well be making that clear.---NOT YOUR AVERAGE SPECTATORS: One way to gauge how much the U.S. win meant: Few people were more emotional about it than Woods and Bubba Watson -- and neither hit a shot. Instead, they put their egos and games on hold and served the team as vice captainsBeing a part of the team -- didnt actually hit a golf shot, but to go out there and be with these guys, we are truly a team, Woods said. And we have that mindset coming here with our captain and we did it, we accomplished it and we won it together.This is the greatest thing Ive done in golf, said Watson, who owns two Masters green jackets. This team was amazing. They took me in their arms and let me be a part of it.Woods generally kept a low profile, but convinced Love to put Reed and Spieth back on the course for a fourth consecutive match late Saturday. Reed made the decision look smart with seven birdies and an eagle on his own ball to seal the third win over the Rose-Henrik duo.Watson used his experience to help golfers like Brandt Snedeker stay sharp in big moments.Hes the reason why I got my point today, Snedeker said. He was in my ear all day. Thiago Alcantara Jersey . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Niklas Sule Jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. http://www.fcmunichpro.com/Kids-Lars-Lukas-Mai-Jersey/ .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Franck Ribery Jersey . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Sandro Wagner Jersey . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play.MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Mike Miller is going back to a former home, agreeing to a deal with the Memphis Grizzlies. Miller confirmed the deal to The Associated Press on Wednesday, about a week after the Miami Heat designated him as their amnesty player after three seasons with the team. Miller will still collect more than $12 million in salary from the Heat over the next two seaasons, but will not count against their salary cap or luxury tax.dddddddddddd The Grizzlies have not yet formally announced the deal. Miller spent parts of six seasons with the Grizzlies from 2003 through 2008. He helped the Heat win the past two NBA titles, and has averaged 12.3 points while shooting 41 per cent from 3-point range in his 13 NBA seasons. Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Outlet China NFL Hoodies China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China NFL T-shirts From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Authentic Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email