Текущее время: 19 мар 2024, 12:10

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: e event featured all three medallists fr
СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2018, 06:08 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
Stan Van Gundy anticipated his offense would have some issues in the early going. The Detroit Pistons head coach has even more concerns about his defense and rebounding after an ugly performance on opening night.The Pistons need to improve in every area when they play their home opener against the Orlando Magic on Friday. The Pistons trailed by double digits throughout the second half of a 109-91 loss to Toronto on Wednesday. Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas and shooting guard DeMar DeRozan combined for 72 points as Toronto shot 47.7 percent from the field.Detroit shot 41.7 percent and got outrebounded 51-40.We just hit these times where were just a one-option team and the ball doesnt move, said Van Gundy, whose team also dropped its preseason finale 103-92 to the Raptors. Thats going to have to change. But that to me is almost secondary right now. Until we change defensively and on the boards from what weve done these last two games, it really doesnt matter what we do offensively. We dont have a chance to win and be good if were not going to defend and rebound.All-Star center Andre Drummond played just 24 minutes after taking an elbow to the face from Valanciunas in the opening minutes and getting into early foul trouble. He finished with 16 points, six rebounds and four turnovers.The Pistons also clearly missed floor leader Reggie Jackson, who is expected to sit out approximately 20 games with knee tendinitis. Fill-in starter Ish Smith had seven assists and no turnovers in 33 minutes but shot 3-of-10 from the field.Backup point guard Beno Udrih, claimed off waivers from Miami earlier in the week, had five points on 1-of-5 shooting and two assists in 15 minutes.Weve got some offensive problems but we knew that was going to be a little bit of a struggle, Van Gundy said.Miami spoiled Frank Vogels debut as Orlando head coach on Wednesday, knocking off the Magic 108-96.Like the Pistons, Orlando had a multitude of issues in its opener. The Magic shot 38.6 percent from the field, got outscored 74-36 in the paint and lost the rebounding battle 52-44.We have to figure it out fast, because we have a tough schedule in front of us, and if we dig ourselves a hole, its going to be really hard, center Nikola Vucevic told the Orlando Sentinel.Power forward Serge Ibaka, acquired from the Thunder in a blockbuster deal in June, had 14 points on 6-of-17 shooting and seven rebounds in his Orlando debut.Center Bismack Biyombo, who was signed to a four-year, $72 million contract as an unrestricted free agent, will make his Magic debut. He served a one-game league suspension opening night for exceeding the flagrant foul limit during the Raptors postseason run.Biz is a monster, shooting guard Evan Fournier told the Orlando Sentinel. Hes our best screener, probably our best offensive rebounder. Hes just a guy with tons of energy. He plays super hard. Hes big for us, man.The Pistons have won the last six meetings with the Magic, including a three-game sweep last season. Kyle Barraclough Jersey . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Lewis Brinson Jersey . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. http://www.marlinsteamproshop.com/Marlins-Brad-Ziegler-Kids-Jersey/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Brian Anderson Jersey .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Jose Fernandez Jersey . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early.EUGENE, Ore. -- Derek Drouin set a Canadian record in mens high jump Saturday at the Prefontaine Classic. The Olympian from Corunna, Ont., jumped 2.36 metres to win bronze behind Essa Barshim of Qatar, who set a world-leading height at 2.40 metres. American Erik Kynard (2.36) was second. The previous Canadian mark was set by Mark Boswell of Brampton, Ont., who jumped 2.35 metres three times in his career, most recently in 2002. Drouin won bronze at the 2012 London Games. Meanwhile, Eugene Sheila Reid of Newmarket, Ont., set a personal best in the womens 1,500-metres with a time of four minutes 02.96 seconds, almost a full five seconds faster than her personal best going into the race. Reid finished sixth in the race. Cam Levins of Black Creek, B.C., finished 13th in the mens 5,000-metres in a personal best time of 13:15.19, just over two seconds off the Canadian record of 13:13.96 set in 1998 by Jeff Schiebler. Justin Gatlin won the 100 metres at the Diamond League meet in a wind-aided time of 9.88 seconds, besting fellow Americans Michael Rodgers and Ryan Bailey. The 31-year old, who won the bronze medal at the London Games, joked afterward: "I just age like wine." Then 17-year-old Mary Cain broke the high school record in the 800 in 1:59.51, placing fifth in an elite field that included Olympic bronze medallist Yekaterina Poistogova and Janeth Jepkosgei, third in last years world championships. Cain, from Bronxville High School in New York, topped the record of 2:02.04 set by Amy Weissenbach of Harvard-Westlake high in 2011. She also is the first American junior athlete to run the 800 under 2 minutes, breaking Kim Gallaghers mark junior of 2:00.07 in 1982. "Down that backstretch I think I was the most determined person out there," said Cain, who battled fellow American Alysia Montano to the finish. "I said to myself, Im going to break that two-minute barrier." Francine Niyonsaba of Burundi won the 800 in 1:56.72, a meet record and a world best this season. But the sellout crowd of 12,816 erupted into cheers when Cains record was announced. One fan shouted to the high school junior: "Come to Oregon!" "Im not really used to this. Im still a star-struck little kid out there, so its really cool," Cain said. Gatlin won the Olympic gold medal at the Athens Games but his promising career was derailed in 2006 by a positive drug test that led to a four-year ban. He has since worked hard to repair his past and was the defending champion at the Prefontaine, winning last year in 9.dddddddddddd9 in a tuneup for the U.S. Olympic trials. "I felt like I had a pretty good start, and I brought it home pretty good," Gatlin said. "Last year, my 20 metres before the finished line wasnt as strong as I wanted it to be. Thats what weve been working on." Gatlin took longer than any other athlete on his victory lap, stopping frequently to sign autographs and pose for pictures. In the womens 400, Olympic gold medallist Sanya-Richards Ross finished last in her first race since having surgery on her right big toe last September. The event featured all three medallists from the London Games, Richards-Ross, Christine Ohuruogu and DeeDee Trotter. "It was rough today," Richards-Ross said. "I realized I wasnt going to really push it as well as I wanted to." Armantle Montsho of Botswana won the 400 in 50.01 seconds. In other events, Hellen Obiri of Kenya won the womens 1,500 in 3:58.58, and Ethiopian Tirunesh Dibaba took the 5,000 in 14:42.01. Jamaican Shelly-Ann Fraser-Price won the womens 100 in 10.71. American Allyson Felix fell to seventh. "I still have some work do," said Felix, who says shes working to get ready for the U.S. championships in Des Moines later this month. Beijing Olympic gold medallist LaShawn Merritt won the mens 400 in 44:32, and Jamaican Nickel Ashmeade ran the 200 in 20:14 to best Walter Dix in 20:16. "This is just my second 400 in nine months. But Im a competitor and I know every time I line up against that field Im going to have to run, so I wanted to put a race together," Merritt said. In the 5,000, Kenyan Edwin Cheruiyot Soi won in 13:04.75, just in front of Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah of Britain in 13:05.88. Farah, who won gold medals in both the 5,000 and 10,000 at the London Games, was supposed to run in the 10,000 at Hayward Field on Friday night but withdrew from the race a day earlier because of a stomach bug he picked up two weeks ago at a meet in California. He decided instead to run the 5,000 instead with training partner and friend Galen Rupp. Rupp, who won the silver in the 10,000 in London, came in sixth. Ethiopian Mohammed Aman won the mens 800 in 1:44.42. American Nick Symmonds, a local favourite who trains with the Oregon Track Club, finished third. Kenyan David Rushida, world record holder in the 800, had to withdraw from the Pre because of a right knee injury. Rushida had an MRI on Thursday in Eugene, revealing bruising of the bone and ligaments. Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Outlet China NFL Hoodies China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China NFL T-shirts From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Authentic Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email