Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 16:24

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ason, the Washington Wizards are at .
СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2018, 06:06 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
Virginia first-year coach Bronco Mendenhall rides the Cavaliers hard on the field and is working to show he cares about them off it as well.So Bronco -- so fitting a name for someone who has a ranch -- recently hosted his team at his Charlottesville, Virginia, spread, where players had the opportunity to ride a horse. It was a chance for players to spend time with him, his staff and the coaches families in an environment away from football.The gathering after Saturdays practice during Virginias bye week also included a cookout -- with Frank Wintrich, the teams director of football performance, manning the grill. But the highlight for players -- and Mendenhall -was the horseback riding, despite a steady rain.It was four and a half hours of players in line standing out in the rain in the middle of our pasture, he said. Three players rode at a time while Mendenhall kept his more challenging horse, Hot Rod, in the corral.I saw every emotion possible, Mendenhall said this week, as his team (2-3, 1-0) turned its attention to its Saturdays home game against Pittsburgh (4-2, 1-1). I saw hearts beating and shaking hands and -- petrification -- would that be a word? Guys so scared. And I saw exhilaration and I saw more smiles -- I never knew smiles could stay on that long.Nose tackle Donte Wilkins was among those first in line, with help from roommate Taquan Smoke Mizzell.I was like, `You going to get on a horse? He was like, `I have to. I got to try it, Wilkins said. I was like, `I dont know if I want to try it. And then I see Smoke on it.Most of the team eventually saddled up.After they saw me do it, they were like, `We got to do it, Wilkins said. I wore the horse out pretty early. Coach Mendenhall, this morning, said he went and checked on the horse and the horses back was hurting.A 280-pound defensive end, Jack Powers, got credit for going the fastest on a horse, causing Wilkins to surmise that his teammate from Santa Cruz, California, had prior experience. Mendenhall was not so sure that boasts of competence were warranted by any of the Cavaliers.Eric Smith was another highlight, though, and he called himself a natural, Mendenhall said of the 300-pound right tackle. I didnt call him a natural, but he labeled himself as a natural when he was out there.Powers broke the speed record, Mendenhall said, but quipped he was not sure it was intentional.What was intentional during the week was an intense week of practice, a little different approach to the bye week than the Cavaliers were used to -- especially coming off a two-game winning streak.But Mendenhall said the afternoon of horseback riding to cap off the week was a great chance to bond. And the players said they embraced the tough week of practice because of their desire to keep momentum going and build on their winning streak.That, and the insistence of tri-captain Micah Kiser that they keep pushing.Micah, hes a different breed, said Wilkins, who along with center Jackson Matteo are the other captains. Hes one of the best leaders Ive ever seen. ... In practice, everybody in our first team period was like, `Micah, what you got to say? Guys wanted to hear what he had to say. He was like, `This is game time.---Online: The APs college football page: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr Aaron Judge Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Phil Rizzuto Jersey . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yankees-Brett-Gardner-Kids-Jersey/ . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . Thurman Munson Jersey . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. Gary Sanchez Jersey . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. MARTIN, Tenn. -- Kedar Edwards scored 23 points and Jacolby Mobley added another 19 by hitting five 3-pointers as Tennessee-Martin rolled past NAIA Cumberland, 95-64 Tuesday night.The game renews the series with in-state opponent Cumberland, which had been dormant since 1996. The Skyhawks now are 5-0 against the Phoenix.UT-Martin got off to a fast start, going on a 17-5 first-half run and building a 53-34 lead by intermission.The Skyhawks shot a brisk 38 of 67 (56.7 percent) for the game,, knocking down 13 of 29 from beyond the arc and dishing out 28 assists.ddddddddddddThree players finished with eight points for the Phoenix. Cumberland shot 25 of 64 (39.1 percent) and was 7 of 20 from deep (35 percent).The win is the second in a row for the Skyhawks, who earned their first win of the season Sunday by knocking off UT Rio Grande Valley, 88-80. Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Outlet China NFL Hoodies China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China NFL T-shirts From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Authentic Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email