Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 15:07

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Benintendi (left knee) ran the bases before the ga
СообщениеДобавлено: 11 июн 2018, 11:08 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
Tom Poynton, the Derbyshire wicketkeeper, has announced his retirement from the game aged 26. Poynton was involved in a car crash in 2014 - in which his father was killed - and the ankle injury he sustained has continued to cause problems, prompting his decision to quit.Until last month, Poynton had been involved in every game for Derbyshire this season. However, the ankle flared up again and is expected to require further surgery, with Poynton deciding it will no longer hold up to the rigours of playing professionally.Its been a really difficult decision to retire from the game I love, but the medical diagnosis and advice means I know that its the right decision, Poynton said. Im grateful to everyone in the Derbyshire cricket family and further afield who have helped me during my career, both on and off the field.Ive loved playing for Derbyshire, a club Ive been associated with for over 10 years, and Im sad to leave. I now need to focus on the next stage of my life after cricket. Theres a few opportunities that Im going to pursue and Im excited about what lies ahead.Poynton came through Derbyshires academy, representing England Under-19s and going on to play more than 100 matches for the county. He made his Derbyshire debut aged 17 and in 2012 was involved in the third-highest ninth-wicket partnership in first-class history, putting on 261 with Wayne Madsen and scoring his maiden hundred.In all, Poynton scored 1155 runs in first-class cricket, to go with 107 catches and 10 stumpings. While recovering from his injuries during the 2014 season, he worked in the clubs marketing department.Derbyshires chief executive, Simon Storey, said: Tom is a model professional and leaves the club with a gap to fill on and off the field. He is a natural leader and fine cricketer who has overcome great personal tragedy in the process of representing his home county.He has shown huge commitment and courage to get back playing first-class cricket at Derbyshire and on behalf of the whole club - members, sponsors, supporters and staff - we all wish Tom every success in the future. Chipper Jones Jersey . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Bobby Cox Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. http://www.wholesalebravesjerseys.com/david-justice-jersey/ .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. Cheap Braves Jerseys For Sale . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Dale Murphy Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. TORONTO -- A milestone win for Rick Porcello gave the Boston Red Sox some breathing room atop the AL East.Porcello pitched seven innings to become the first 20-game winner in the majors, Hanley Ramirez hit a three-run homer and the Red Sox increased their AL East lead to two games by routing the Toronto Blue Jays 13-3 on Friday night.Xander Bogaerts homered and Dustin Pedroia had three hits and four RBI as the Red Sox used 18 hits to rough up the sloppy, slumping Blue Jays in the opener of a pivotal three-game series between the divisions top two teams.Porcello (20-3) allowed two runs and six hits to become Bostons first 20-game winner since Josh Beckett in 2007.Its definitely a huge honor, Porcello said. Its hard to win one game in the big leagues, let alone 20. Im definitely very proud of that.Porcello has worked at least seven innings and held opponents to three earned runs or fewer in nine consecutive starts, the longest streak by a Red Sox pitcher since Pedro Martinez did it in 11 straight in 2000.Just a model of consistency, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. He keeps rolling along and we play with a lot of confidence. His execution has been outstanding. Hes pitching with average velocity but his location is tremendous.Porcello said he had received a number of congratulatory text messages, but had one he was going to respond to right away.Ive got to call my parents, he said. Thats first and foremost.Porcello came in 6-7 with a 5.27 ERA in 15 career games against Toronto but kept the Blue Jays in check.The Red Sox broke it open by scoring six runs in a 10-batter seventh. Bogaerts hit a leadoff drive off Scott Feldman, his 18th. Three batters later, Ramirez connected off Feldman, his 22nd. Pedroia capped the rally with a two-run single off Ryan Tepera.Boston (79-61) surpassed its win total from a last-place finish in 2015, when it went 78-84.Toronto, which was swept in a three-game series at Yankee Stadium earlier this week, fell to 1-6 in September. The Blue Jays had won six of their previous eight against the Red Sox.We havent necessarily been playing good baseball the last week but I sstill believe, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said.ddddddddddddBlue Jays right-hander Marco Estrada (8-8) allowed four runs, three earned, and six hits in 2 1/3 innings, his shortest outing of the season. The last time Estrada failed to finish three innings was June 30, 2015, also a home loss to Boston.He was off, no question about it, Gibbons said. He lives on the edges and he was just missing.Estrada is 3-5 with a 5.32 ERA in nine starts since being named an All-Star for the first time. He missed the All-Star Game after being placed on the disabled list because of a sore back.Nothing went our way today and obviously it started with me, Estrada said.PARKA FOR PAPIBlue Jays sluggers Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion presented retiring Red Sox DH David Ortiz with a winter parka and a leather jacket before his final series in Toronto. Ortiz has 40 career home runs at Rogers Centre, more than any other road ballpark. Ive seen enough of him, Gibbons joked about Ortiz. The Blue Jays made a donation to Ortizs foundation.STREAKINGPedroia has at least one hit in 27 consecutive games against Toronto, the longest streak by any Blue Jays opponent.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: OF Andrew Benintendi (left knee) ran the bases before the game and will try sliding as early as Saturday. A very good day for him, Farrell said. There is still no timetable for Benintendis return. ... Boston recalled LHP Henry Owens from Triple-A Pawtucket.Blue Jays: C Russell Martin (left knee) was held out of the lineup. Martin aggravated the injury in Wednesdays loss at New York and was replaced by a pinch-hitter in the ninth. Hes still pretty sore, Gibbons said.UP NEXTRed Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (2-6, 4.83) has a 2.73 ERA in nine starts since the All-Star break. Rodriguez is winless in his past five outings.Blue Jays: LHP J.A. Happ (17-4, 3.44) is winless in three starts since his 11-game winning streak ended Aug. 25. Happ won his only start against Boston this season, allowing one run in seven innings. Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Jerseys From China Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email