Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 03:44

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: t recently, so theres no reason to think it was g
СообщениеДобавлено: 30 авг 2018, 05:31 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
DARLINGTON, S.C. -- Martin Truex Jr. has enjoyed a great 2016 season. He just doesnt know it yet.When a driver wins two of the most historic races in a year, the driver will look back and think of it as cool. Especially with the elimination-style, one-bad-race-can-ruin-you Chase for the Sprint Cup format, any driver who doesnt win a championship really cant look at it to define success.But winning possibly the two most grueling races in NASCAR in a span of a little more than three months? Thats something to be proud of when looking back on a season.So Truex can look back on 2016 -- when it ends in November -- with pride. He owns the trophies from the race that was known for a long time as the World 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway. Two of the sports crown jewels, for sure.He won them in two totally different ways. He owned the field at Charlotte during Memorial Day weekend, when he led a NASCAR-record 588 of the 600 miles.Kevin Harvick owned the field at Darlington, but pit-road follies thwarted his route to Victory Lane. Instead of leading 98 percent of the miles, Truex led just 7.6 percent Sunday night.Truex and his team wont let themselves think they have had a great season. This isnt the time to get complacent. This is the time to get focused on bringing their best to the Chase.Its got potential to be a really great season, Truex said. I think that based on the team we have and the way weve been running, we could honestly be sitting here with seven, eight, nine wins if things had gone a little different here and there.But with that being said, weve got two, and I really feel like weve got a legitimate shot at this championship. Its been a good season, but it definitely could be a great season, and until Homestead is done and gone, we wont know.Truex isnt lying when he said he could have won several races this year. He has led 1,041 laps this year. Last year, he led 567. In his first year at Furniture Row Racing in 2014, he led one lap.The difference? The team would point to the switch from Chevrolet to Toyota, where he has a tight alliance with Joe Gibbs Racing. The victory was the 12th for Toyota this year in 25 Cup races.Truex had never won multiple races in a season in his career until now. With a few extra inches, he would have added the Daytona 500 to this list.We had a shot at [the championship] last year and didnt really have the performance at the end of the season that we needed in our race cars, Truex said. I feel like this year with the speed weve had in our Toyotas that we can go to Homestead and really have a shot at this thing.The team will celebrate the win and try to continue to focus on the next 11 weeks. They currently seek a bigger fish.Weve prepped all this year to try and make it to Homestead again and win the championship, so thats definitely the goal, crew chief Cole Pearn said. But to win two crown jewel races like this in one season is something youll never forget for sure, regardless of whats happened.Youve got to take the highs when theyre here and then get back to work and be ready to [go] hard the rest of the season.This team certainly had no problem celebrating a win even if it didnt have the best car. Too many times it has seen pit-road mistakes or mechanical gremlins ruin a potential winning run.So there wont be much shedding of tears for Harvick and his pit-crew issues. There is a feeling of empathy, though, that many racers can relate to as they celebrate while another crew has their heads down in frustration.I feel like theyre my only sanity check, because Im like, Well, at least it happens to them, too, Pearn said about the Harvick team. I feel bad for them for sure.?Its not easy. They had a great car again tonight.To have the issues they had -- its a team sport. Like it or not, you can have one side of the team doing great and the other side struggling.?Thats where I was so happy for our pit crew tonight.They should be happy. Wins are something to be savored. Truex won for the fifth time in his career. He has 394 career Sprint Cup starts. Take the elation of victory and revel in it, especially one at a historic track amid with an awesome throwback weekend vibe.I honestly took the checkered flag, and I was like, I cannot believe I just won the Southern 500, Truex said. The history, the tradition here, to see the Hall of Famers before the race, and talked to Cale Yarborough and all those guys, its just amazing.Im thankful just to race here, and to get a chance to win here is just icing on the cake. It was just a special night for me, and its definitely one Ill never forget. MLB Jerseys Wholesale . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Wholesale Jerseys China . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. http://www.nflcheapchinajerseys.com/ .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Authentic China Jerseys Wholesale . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. China Jerseys Online . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3.They needed a little help from their opposition, but the Winnipeg Goldeyes continue to close the gap in the American Association wild card race. The Goldeyes scored two runs in the top of the ninth inning without a hit to beat the Sioux City Explorers 6-5 Monday night at Lewis and Clark Park in Iowa.With the win, Winnipeg is now just three games back of the Gary SouthShore RailCats in the American Association wild card race and have won six of their last seven games. After the Explorers snagged an early 1-0 lead, the Goldeyes slapped two runs on the board in the fourth and fifth innings.An error by Sioux City left fielder Yusuke Inoguchi in the fourth allowed Ryan Scoma to score on a Ray Sadler fly ball. Sadler wound up on third base on the play and scored a batter later thanks to a Josh Mazzola single. In the fifth, Scoma singled with two outs and scored on a triple Sadler, who touched home plate again on a Mazzola single. Sioux City chipped away with a run in the bottom of the fifth inning and then struck for three runs in the bottom of the eighth inning, as they loaded the bases with one out and Goldeyes reliever Chris Kissock walked in a run and gave up a two-run single to Leugim Barroso. “(Brendan)) Lafferty and Kissock have been pitching their butts off for us this year,” Goldeyes pitching coach Jamie Vermilyea said on the TSN 1290 post-game show.dddddddddddd“Eventually they are going to give up some runs.” Three walks by the Sioux City bullpen in the top of the ninth inning loaded the bases. Scoma hit a ground ball up the middle, which forced out Chris Salamida, who was pinch-running for Yurendell de Caster, at second. However, Explorers shortstop Barroso threw the ball away trying to turn a double play, allowing the tying and winning runs for Winnipeg to score.“I was pretty confident we were going to score. Weve been doing it recently, so theres no reason to think it was going to change,” Vermilyea said.Scoma and Mazzola paced the Goldeyes with two hits each. Goldeyes starter Matt Rusch battled for seven innings, giving up just two runs on eight hits. Despite blowing the save, Kissock picked up his second win of the save. Patrick Keating shut the door in the ninth to earn his 16th save of the season. The Goldeyes and Explorers meet again in Sioux City Tuesday night. Game time is 7 p.m. The pre-game show on TSN 1290 with Paul Edmonds begins at 6:30 p.m. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email