Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 21:22

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: tweeted classy after Hercog retired from her first
СообщениеДобавлено: 30 авг 2018, 04:56 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
Food. Its what keeps our bodies going. Paying attention to what I put in my body during training is equally as important as running. But Im far from perfect when it comes to my diet while training. I love dessert just as much as the next person, and I work crazy hours, which makes it difficult to keep a regular eating schedule.Still, throughout my running career, Ive tried to apply some tricks of the trade in order to eat better during my training cycles.The first is a food blog. I used to write out what I ate every day, but now, because were attached to our phones, I use the MyFitnessPal app by Under Armour. I really enjoy the apps user interface. I can search and find foods from popular restaurants or name brands, I can add in my own recipes and save them, and it keeps track of my weight. MyFitnessPal also connects to my Garmin watch and app to help calculate how many calories I burned during my run.The second trick I tend to use, mostly during the last two months of training, is eating only within a 12-hour period during the day. For example, if I eat breakfast at 7 a.m., I wouldnt eat anything after 7 p.m. This has been a very successful tactic for me because it really makes me think about my meals and snacks ahead of time. This strategy isnt always conducive to my work days, which can be very long, but I make sure that the snacks Im eating are healthy and protein rich.Similar to gear, food should be tested during your training. As a personal rule, I dont like to introduce anything new into my diet within the last two weeks leading up to race day -- I want to make sure I give my body its best shot for peak performance. I also like to eat a specific prerace meal: penne pasta tossed with roasted broccoli and sausage. My dad cooked it for me the night before my first NYC Marathon in 2011, and its been my go-to pre-marathon meal ever since.I also stop drinking a month before the race. That way, the beer I drink to celebrate afterward feels like even more of a reward.One of the greatest aspects of marathon training has been discovering new foods. My two favorites, which I regularly have in my rotation of meals, are sweet potatoes and chicken sausage. I used to avoid sweet potatoes -- until I decided to roast one with cinnamon. Ive been a believer ever since. Theyre also, conveniently, a super food for runners. And I love sweet Italian sausage, so I decided one day to make my favorite dish with chicken sausage instead. Same great taste, a little less guilt.Its also important to eat at proper times pre-run, post-run, during and recovery. I tend not to eat before any run, but Ill drink UCAN Cran-Raz to make sure I have enough energy before a tempo or long run. During my long runs, I drink water and have Gatorade gel tablets.After a run, I love a tall, cold glass of chocolate milk. Because I usually run in the morning, I have a fried egg, yogurt and granola to round out breakfast. During the week, I try to limit dessert to two days a week (but Im not always successful). I give myself one big treat Sunday mornings after my run: pancakes. I have a blueberry and banana pancake with some apple butter on the top and Vermont maple syrup. It gives me a little reward to look forward to each week.Lets be honest: Eating right all the time is extremely difficult. But Ive found that breaking down my diet day-by-day or week-by-week helps me get through the long months of training. Its easy to fall into the trap of thinking, Oh, Ill run this off tomorrow, but you want to make sure you can complete tomorrows run to the best of your ability. Thats why what you eat today matters so much.Training notebook: Longest run thus far: 14 miles Hardest run: Ladder-speed workout, which means running 400 meters, then 800m, 1200m, 1600m, and back down to 400m, in intervals, at a 7-minute mile pace. I failed at the completing the ladder, but the struggle gave me chance to work on my mental game. Highest weekly mileage: 41 miles Biggest accomplishment thus far: Running eight miles on a treadmill without music (and the Bristol Half Marathon)Megan Flood is a seven-time marathoner and half marathoner. She is on a quest to qualify for the Boston Marathon and hopes New York 2016 is her ticket to Boston. You can follow her progress every other week here on espnW.com and on Twitter @meganflood11. Hydro Flask 24 Oz Cobalt .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. Pink Hydro Flask 40 Oz .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.cheaphydroflaskstore.com/cobalt-hydro-flask.html . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Pacific Color Hydro Flask . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Mint Green Hydro Flask . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 1:32 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. NEW YORK -- A look at Mondays play, the opening day of the $46.3 million U.S. Open tennis championships:WEATHER: Sunny, dry and hot. High of 95.ATTENDANCE: Day: 37,260.MENS SEEDED WINNERS: No. 4 Rafael Nadal, No. 7 Marin Cilic, No. 9 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, No. 10 Gael Monfils, No. 18 Pablo Cuevas, No. 20 John Isner, No. 23 Kevin Anderson, No. 31 Albert Ramos-Vinolas and No. 32 Benoit Paire.MENS SEEDED LOSERS: No. 13 Richard Gasquet and No. 28 Martin Klizan.WOMENS SEEDED WINNERS: No. 2 Angelique Kerber, No. 3 Garbine Muguruza, No. 7 Roberta Vinci, No. 9 Svetlana Kuznetsova, No. 12 Dominika Cibulkova, No. 14 Petra Kvitova and No. 24 Belinda Bencic.WOMENS SEEDED LOSERS: No. 27 Sara Errani, No. 28 CoCo Vandeweghe, No. 30 Misaki Doi and No. 32 Monica Puig.TOP PLAYERS ON COURT TUESDAY: Men: No. 2 Andy Murray vs. Lukas Rosol, No. 3 Stan Wawrinka vs. Fernando Verdasco, No. 6 Kei Nishikori vs. Benjamin Becker. Women: No. 1 Serena Williams vs. Ekaterina Makarova, No. 4 Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Jessica Peguula, No.dddddddddddd 5 Simona Halep vs. Kirsten Flipkens, No. 6 Venus Williams vs. Kateryna Kozlova.STAT OF THE DAY: 142 -- The speed in miles per hour of American teenager Frances Tiafoes fastest serve, 3 mph more than big-serving American John Isners fastest during their first-round match, won by Isner in five sets.QUOTE OF THE DAY: Its not my fault she lost in the last round of qualies. -- Polona Hercog, responding to Donna Vekic, who sarcastically tweeted classy after Hercog retired from her first-round match against No. 2 Angelique Kerber early in the second set. Vekic wouldve replaced Hercog in the draw if Hercog withdrew before the match.TUESDAY ON TV (All Times EDT): 1-11 p.m., ESPN.ON THIS DATE (Aug. 30, 1988): 17-year-old Pete Sampras loses to Jaime Yzaga in five sets and 18-year-old Jim Courier defeats Horst Skoff in three sets in their U.S. Open debuts. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email