Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 05:30

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: experience necessary to make an Olympic run at the PyeongCha
СообщениеДобавлено: 30 май 2018, 05:20 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Ryan Succop didnt try a warm-up field goal longer that 49 yards on Sunday at frigid Arrowhead Stadium.The?Tennessee Titans?place-kicker didnt figure there was much of a point to it.And Succop was short from 53 yards on the final play of regulation -- but it was washed away by?Kansas City Chiefs?coach Andy Reids timeout. Given a second chance, Succop found the range and lifted the Titans to a 19-17 win that improved their record to 8-6.I felt like I hit the first one good, and when it came up short, there was a second in my mind where I wasnt sure if I could even reach from there, said Succop, who played for the Chiefs from 2009 to 2013. So on the second one, I kind of just had to throw technique out the window a little bit and really go after it and hit it as hard as I could.During the timeout, Succop said he re-tied the shoe on his plant foot to prepare to go at the kick extra hard.Earlier, Succop and special-teams coach Steve Hoffman concluded the kickers maximum distance was probably 47 or 48 yards.At the point of the deciding kick, the Titans could already have been tied and still assured of heading to overtime if Succop had missed the 53-yard attempt. But earlier in the fourth quarter, Tennessee coach Mike Mularkey had his offense try for a two-point conversion after Derrick Henrys second touchdown with 3:12 remaining, rather than having Succop attempt the extra point. The Chiefs covered a play that had Marcus Mariota looking to the right flat, and he wound up with a short incompletion.Tennessee got the ball down 17-16 and moved 40 yards in 1:07 to set up Succops heroics.Reflecting on the 53-yard field goal, Succop said that if given 10 chances at the kick, I dont know if I could make one.He did, though.Titans equipment man Matt Thompson retrieved the ball for Succop, and when the kicker got his hands on it, gloveless, in the locker room, he and punter?Brett Kern?marveled at just how cold it still was.Reid was left to second-guess his timeout.Listen, it didnt work, Reid said. Ive got to do better on that. It backfired. Air Jordan 7 Fadeaway Pre Order .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Air Jordan 7 Fadeaway For Sale . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. http://www.cheapjordansneakerswholesale.com/cheap-jordan-4.html . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. Cheap Jordan 10 .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. Cheap Jordan 11 Shoes For Sale . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. SALT LAKE CITY -- U.S. Speedskating wrapped up its Short Track World Cup Qualifier on Sunday with three-time Olympic medalist J.R. Celski dominating for a second consecutive day. The event was used to determine the ISU World Cup team, which is scheduled to be announced Monday.Celski swept all four events over the two days, including wins in the 500 meters (41.380 seconds) and 1,000 (1:24.926) on Sunday.World Cup veteran John-Henry Krueger placed second in the 500 in 41.594 and third in the 1,000 in 1:25.061.I was focused on consistency and keeping my composure in each race, said Krueger, who had two second-place finishes Saturday. Im still pretty young, so I dont know if its right to say Im in my prime yet. In the sport of short track, youre always improving. You never reach a max level.Im focusing on the 2018 Olympics right now. Thats my main focus, just trying to build up my armor and the dream is to win gold.Thomas Insuk Hong took third in the 500 in 41.665 and Keith Carrol Jr. was second in the 1,000 in 1:25.041.The 22-year old Kimberly Goetz was the overall womens winner by placing second in all four events, including the 500 (44.308) and 1,000 (1:43.665) on Sunday. Two-time Olympic medalist Katherine Reutter, who has come out of retirement, won the 1,000 in 1:43.506 and Kristen Santos was third in 1:43.901. Jessica Smith-KKooreman won the 500 (44.dddddddddddd296) and Santos was third in 44.416.Goetz has made the last two World Cup teams and came in with the goal of winning the overall event. Shes more focused on learning this World Cup season with the hope of gaining the experience necessary to make an Olympic run at the PyeongChang Games in 2018.Its nice to have Katherine back and racing girls with a lot more experience than I have between her and Jessica Smith, Goetz said. Its good to kind of compare myself to them and Ive got a few weeks to work on things.Im definitely the rookie out there in terms of the top three or four girls. ... Im making baby steps. I dont feel like Im anywhere close to where I can be or where Id like to be. But Im definitely on my way. Ive got a lot to learn. ... I feel like Ive got 50 percent of it down and Im still missing that racing part.Goetz, Reutter, Smith-Kooreman, Santos, April Shin and Katherine Ralston finished the weekend as the top six women in the AmCup standings and are likely to be the six named to the World Cup team.Celski, Krueger, Carroll Jr., Adam Callister, Hong and Ryan Pivirotto were the top six men in the AmCup standings and are also likely to make the World Cup team. Cheap NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email