Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 00:21

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ide of 9.13, she finished with a combined
СообщениеДобавлено: 30 май 2018, 04:40 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
EUGENE, Ore. -- Allyson Felix had the star power to change the Olympic schedule.Now, its her schedule that needs adjusting.Felixs run at the 200-400 Olympic double, made possible after Olympics officials honored her request for a chance to run both races, came to an earlier-than-expected end Sunday. She finished fourth in the 200-meter final, one spot out of the Rio mix, in a .01-second loss to a sprawling Jenna Prandini at the U.S. track and field trials.Honestly, disappointed, said Felix, who will not get a chance to defend her Olympic title in her signature event. The whole year, that has been what I was working for. When I look back and see everything that happened, I still think its quite amazing I was able to make the team.She did make the 400-meter lineup, and that is, indeed, quite an accomplishment considering the injury she suffered this spring. After landing awkwardly on an exercise ball while doing core work, she rolled her right ankle.The injury was so severe she avoided running around the track in the correct, counterclockwise direction until just before the trials, for fear shed put too much outside pressure on her injured ankle.In track lingo, a sprinter doesnt necessarily have to be fast to succeed in the 400 -- a full lap around the track in which technique is more important than pure speed. But in the 200, it takes a more aggressive lean into the curve at the opening of the race -- just the sort of practice Felix didnt get enough of during her slow comeback.I could only do what I could with the ankle, she said.And so, she started slow, never made up ground against winner Tori Bowie or second-place Deajah Stevens and could not hold off Prandini, the former University of Oregon star who had to wait about 30 seconds to see the result for third place go up on the board. Afterward, she was scraped up but smiling.I dont know what happened, Prandini said. But it got the job done.One of Felixs biggest fans made news earlier in the day: Sixteen-year-old Sydney McLaughlin became the youngest member of the U.S. Olympic track team since 1972 when she finished third in the 400-meter hurdles.Not bad for the junior out of Union Catholic High School in New Jersey, who tuned in to watch the Beijing Olympics eight years ago, saw Felix winning the 4x400 relay and thought, Id like to be like her, someday.Asked what she loved most about Felix, McLaughlin said: She wasnt afraid to lose.Sometimes, I get so caught up in the fact that I hadnt lost a hurdles race, and I come here, and these girls are faster than me, said McLaughlin, who admitted to being so nervous earlier in the week that she considered pulling out of the meet. Its realizing that sometimes you have to lose to get better.It happened to Felix plenty over the years, none more heartbreakingly than in Athens and Beijing, where she settled for back-to-back silvers in an event she had dominated.But she won gold in 2012.And with track and field -- and possibly NBC, as well -- desperate for some star power in a sport now headlined by Usain Bolt and a worldwide doping crisis, a scheduling change that would double the track time for one of Americas most popular runners was a no-brainer.But the U.S. trials dont guarantee anything, and on Sunday, a few more potential medal contenders -- including 400-meter hurdlers Johnny Dutch and Bershawn Jackson -- also saw some dreams end early.Felix is still going to Rio de Janeiro. But with more free time on her hands than originally planned.Im pretty sure everyone expected to see her on the [200] team, Bowie said. Im pretty sure it wont be the same without her. Comprar Air Max 97 . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Nike Air Max 270 Outlet Online España . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. http://www.comprarmax270hotpunch.com/ . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit Moc Baratas . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Comprar Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Australian Tyler Wright has taken a mammoth step towards claiming her first world surfing championship, winning the title at Lower Trestles in California.Wright is now a chance to claim the world crown at the the next event in Portugal later this month after she defeated Stephanie Gilmore in an all-Australian final on Wednesday (Thursday AEST).If Wright claims the 10,000 points for a title win in Portugal, the third-last event of the year, and second-placed Courtney Conlogue fails to reach the semi-finals, the Australian will clinch the crown.Even if that fails to eventuate, Wright is in the box seat heading into the end of the season given her 7250-point lead over the American will only grow further given surfers can drop their worst two results of the season.It doesnt really change much for me what I set out to do this year, Wright said.I set out with a goal to win every heat and win every final and learn along the way.Ill go into the next event with that same attitude.Wrights fourth victory of the year never looked in doubt after she posted a wave ride of 8.50 to open the heat, before finishing with a combined score 17.13 despite continuinng to battle an ankle injury.ddddddddddddGilmore struggled to mount a competitive reply until late, and despite ending the heat with a ride of 9.13, she finished with a combined total of 15.13 in swells of a metre.Today was just a big smile, Wright said.I had Steph in the final and I knew I had to get on the bigger waves because she surfs so good.Surfing against Steph and growing up with Steph as someone I look up to, I still look up to her now, shes honestly my surfing idol.Earlier, Gilmore produced the highest heat score of the womens event to defeat fellow Australian Nikki Van Dijk in the semi-final.In pursuit of her first tour victory since 2014 after suffering a serious knee injury last year, the six-time world champion logged 18.60 to reach the final.I love this place, I love this wave, Gilmore said.Its so rippable. Its a skate park.Theres no real fear of getting hurt or big waves. Its just a really fun place.Meanwhile Wright claimed her spot in the final by beating the USs Sage Erickson by a margin of 0.43. Cheap NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email