Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 18:05

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: points, 11 rebounds) and Sami Eleraky (10 points,
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 янв 2019, 11:27 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
EUGENE, Ore. -- As the bar inched skyward in the womens high jump final Sunday at the U.S. Olympic trials, all eyes were glued to Vashti Cunningham, the 18-year-old prodigy, 6-foot-1 physical marvel and daughter of NFL great Randall Cunningham.Then, Chaunte Lowe, the 32-year-old veteran of three Olympics and 5-foot-9 mother of three children, proved that she retains a firm grip on the No. 1 spot.After winning first place Sunday with a jump of 6 feet, 7 inches, the best mark in the world this year, Lowe described herself as an old-timer whos not ready to be counted out.You saw that today, said Lowe, the American record-holder. Im not ready to give up yet.Cunningham, riding a wave of attention since winning the world indoor championships earlier this year, took second with a jump of 6-5?.Lowe had a tough 2015. She moved her training home base from Atlanta to Florida to obtain special care for her 5-year-old daughter, who had shown signs of autism or Aspergers syndrome. Lowe failed to clear any height at the world championships at Beijing -- I put my children first, she explained -- and Cunningham began her precocious rise.It hurt a little bit to feel forgotten so quickly, Lowe said. I didnt like that when I would read articles, instead of talking about how great [Cunningham] is, I felt like it was a bashing of me a lot of times. At the beginning of the year that hurt, for nobody to really know and understand why I no-heighted last year, why I had a hard time.Cunninghams routine looked effortless in the early rounds, drawing oohs from the crowd at Hayward Field, as she smoothly launched her slender frame over the bar with inches to spare. Her first trouble came at 6-4?, where she missed twice before clearing on her do-or-die third attempt. She cleared 6-5? on her first try, then missed badly three times at 6-6? to end her competition.Cunningham, whose mother, Felicity, was a professional ballerina, said she wants to win every competition. This [loss] was something that hit me on the head thats going to make me work harder for the Olympics, so that I can go in there and give everything I have and hopefully be content at the end with first, she said.Lowe flung herself over each height, then performed elaborate bows and curtsies to the crowd with a huge smile on her face. After clearing 6-7 on her second try, she elected to shut it down and focus on her real objective.Im not celebrating yet. This wasnt my goal, Lowe said, setting her sights on Rio. My goal is on that podium.Lowe had high praise for Cunningham, comparing her potential to that of a young Usain Bolt.Shes a great girl, Lowe said, and shes definitely the future of high jumping in America.Just dont relegate Lowe to the past. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Online . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Australia . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseysaustralia.com/ . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. Soccer Jerseys Outlet .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Clearance Soccer Jerseys Australia . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. STOCKTON, Calif. -- David Taylor scored 17 points to lead Pacific past Green Bay 76-58 in the wee hours of Tuesday morning during the 24-hour college basketball marathon.T.J. Wallace added 16 for the Tigers (1-1). Ray Bowles (10 points, 11 rebounds) and Sami Eleraky (10 points, 10 rebounds) each had double-doubles.Pacific used an 11-0 run with under nine minutes left in the game to pull away.Trevor Anderson sccored 14 points and Khalil Small had 13 for Green Bay, the defending Horizon League tournament champion.ddddddddddddThe Phoenix (1-1) led 27-26 at halftime but shot just 30 percent from the field and finished 5 of 22 from three-point range.Pacific had a 61-38 advantage on the boards. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email