Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 16:19

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: of sport. But it has always been about the Olympi
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 янв 2019, 11:21 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
ATLANTA -- Adonis Garcia scored from second on an improbable stolen base attempt in the seventh inning and the Atlanta Braves beat the slumping Pittsburgh Pirates 5-2 on Thursday night despite Ryan Vogelsongs strong start.Vogelsong allowed only one run in six innings his first start in more than two months. He left with the game tied 1-1.Felipe Rivero (0-4) walked Garcia with one out in the seventh, and Garcia moved to second on Ender Inciartes single. Garcia, who has only two steals this season, broke for third base as the left-handed Rivero held the ball on the mound.Rivero finally threw to third, but Jung Ho Kang dropped the throw for an error, allowing Garcia to score. Inciarte moved to second on the play and scored on Jeff Francoeurs pinch-hit single to center field.The Pirates, who began the night three games behind NL wild-card leaders Los Angeles and St. Louis, have lost five of six.Four of the Braves five runs were unearned.David Freese cut Atlantas lead to 3-2 with a homer to right off Chris Withrow in the eighth. Another error by Kang, who whiffed on Erick Aybars grounder, helped the Braves score two run in the eighth. Aybar stole second and scored from third on a liner to left field by Nick Markakis.Garcia added a run-scoring double off Antonio Bastardo.Hunter Cervenka (1-0) recorded two outs in the seventh when pinch-hitter John Jaso hit into a broken-bat double play on a grounder to first. Jaso didnt leave the batters box.Jim Johnson pitched the ninth for his seventh save in 10 chances.The 39-year-old Vogelsong made his return after suffering facial fractures when he was hit by Jordan Lyles pitch in his start against Colorado on May 23. He had surgery on June 2 and made four minor league rehab starts in July.Inciarte scored from third in the third inning on Aybars bases-loaded short bouncer that a charging Vogelsong couldnt scoop. Aybar has a 10-game hitting streak.Braves rookie right-hander Tyrell Jenkins allowed one run on three hits and four walks in six innings. He has at least four walks in four straight starts.The start of the game was delayed 1 hour, 16 minutes by rain.Inciarte had two hits, extending Atlantas longest hitting streak of the season to 15 games.BOSCAN RELEASEDThe Pirates released RHP Wilfredo Boscan, who had been on the Triple-A Indianapolis DL with a strained oblique, to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Vogelsong. Boscan was 1-1 with a 6.46 ERA in six games, including one start, with Pittsburgh this season. IF Max Moroff, who made his major league debut on Sunday, was optioned to Indianapolis to open a spot on the 25-man roster.TRAINERS ROOMPirates 2B Josh Harrison started in his first appearance since leaving Sundays game with right leg discomfort after colliding with Milwaukees Keon Broxton on a play at first base. ... Manager Clint Hurdle said C Francisco Cervelli is feeling better after being hit by a pitch, cracking his batting helmet, on Tuesday night. Cervelli grounded out as a pinch-hitter to end the game.UP NEXTPirates: Rookie RHP Jameson Taillon (2-2, 3.52) will look for his first win since June 29 at Seattle when the Pirates open a weekend series at Cincinnati on Friday night.Braves: Rookie Joel De La Cruz (0-3, 3.80) will make his fourth start when the Braves open a road trip against Jaime Garcia and the St. Louis Cardinals.St. Louis Cardinals Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes China . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. Nike Air Max Shoes Wholesale China . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. http://www.wholesaleairmaxchina.com/ . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Nike Air Max Wholesale China Free Shipping .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes Wholesale . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Youre not working hard enough, Alistair Brownlee yelled at another rider in the 10-man leading pack that had split the field on the triathlon cycle.He wanted more from them despite the punishing pace at Forte de Copacabana, and it was typical of the aggressive racing style he shares with brother Jonny which made them Olympic champion and silver medallist on Thursday.The Brownlees were trying to wring every lost drop of strength and stamina from the group as they wheeled towards the crucial third, and final, 10km running leg of the race, all 10 taking it in turn to alternate between slipstreaming and pushing the pace.The British brothers back themselves to go harder and for longer than anyone else, to obliterate a fatigued field. They are relentless and singled-minded in their pursuit of creating those circumstances in races too; Alistair, the first man to defend an Olympic triathlon title, said he would have preferred the cycle course to have been a lot harder.I know what to look for when people are hurting, he said, and the brothers competitive nature is such that in a different environment it might sound mean.Theres no sibling sympathy, either. They work together in races and had built a gap between them and the third-placed Frenchman Vincent Luis here on the first lap of the running course. Then, Alistair made his move to attack his brother.I started pushing it on, the 28-year-old said. Jonny said relax and I just thought: if hes telling me to relax hes probably finding this quite hard. So I pushed it on a little bit more.Ask anyone who has worked with or competed against the Brownlees and they will tell you how hard-working and focused they are. The more healthy suffering they can experience, the better, it seems.I have been through hell this year, Alistair said. Every day has been so hard. I have woken up in pain every day.I had ankle surgery not even 12 months ago, at the back end of August last year. I didnt really run pain free until the new year. I am not one to question whether I can do it, but I did.I put on quite a lot of weight. But once you start training, training is what I love. Those sessions have been harder than races: a few times a week absolutely killing myself, going to bed not being able to sleep because my legs hurt so much, getting up in the morning and not being able to walk because my ankles were so stiff.Its been like that for the last six months with a few bumps and injuries along the way. Thats all of it, but the training is what I love doing. Killing myself to finish a session.It sounds kind of masochistic but thats pretty much par for the course for an endurance athlete. Jonny was on crutches around the same time Alistair had ankle surgery, recovering from a foot stress fracture, and the pair have pushed each other through the pain barrier and back to peak fitness.The mental strength which they have in spades is at least as important as physical ability and, in that respect, they are lucky to have each other.It has to relieve the pressure to have your brother out there with you in training and races -- even if, in Jonnys case, he is usually coming off second best when it counts.There havent been that many siblings as talented as the Brownlees and they are the first brothers to finish first and second at an Olympics since Italians Piero and Raimondo DInzeo in equestrian in 1960; the first British brothers to do so.You can always get a first if you look hard enouggh, said 26-year-old Jonny, towards the end of a Games which has been overflowing with British landmark moments.dddddddddddd But that is a good first and I am very proud of that.Its very special to race next to your brother and Im very fortunate to do that.The result of their strength and synergy was obvious on Thursday, and their podium positions never really seemed in doubt. Even though neither was the fastest on any of the three legs, they were near the front throughout and the combined effort -- and the tactics which sapped their rivals energy -- meant they were a long way ahead at the end.Alistair won in 1 hour, 45 minutes, 1 second, and Jonnys time was only 6 seconds behind, although his older brother had slowed to a walk near the finish line, waiting a little for him and celebrating with a Union Flag and a Yorkshire flag, their English county.Alistair was determined to drink in the moment, not least because of the contrast to London four years ago when his win felt more like relief because of the pressure to perform in a home Games. If you cant enjoy having that gap in the Olympic Games, coming down that finishing straight, I dont know what you can enjoy, he said after finishing 42 seconds ahead of third-placed Henri Schoeman, even with the dallying at the line.The Brownlees collapsed and hugged each other on the other side of the finish here and, as Jonny -- a bronze medallist four years ago -- admitted, hes not an emotional racer.The one-two was what they had hoped for in London but, with 2012 silver medallist Javier Gomez absent through injury this time, it was what they had looked forward to here.How their racing and training partnership, and post-race jubilation, can be reconciled with their individual competitive instincts, however, is hard to fathom.Jonny insisted he feels no jealousy, although he admitted that the green-eyed monster might haunt him if he gets to the twilight of his career and a golden victory over his brother has still eluded him.But even the Brownlees dont know really why their sibling rivalry works, no matter how many times they are asked. Weve never had a great answer to it, he said. Its been going on since we were three years old. Competing at football, table tennis, running round the garden, weve always done it.Im used to getting beat by Alistair but Ive gone better than last time in London when I got the bronze. Ive actually been training a bit better than him and if it had come down to a sprint, I could win. Maybe in four years, hell be older, slower and greyer.The question more is whether the older Brownlee will be fit. In 2012, before his ankle issue, he struggled with an Achilles injury and he has had to work daily on the conditioning for that ever since.Triathlon is what I love, Alistair said. I want to have a go at Ironman at some point and I will be doing some sort of sport. But it has always been about the Olympics for me. I remember watching it in Atlanta when I was eight and the triathlon debut at Sydney when I was 12.The Olympics is the big thing and I think it would be hard for me not to be in Tokyo.Those close to Alistair Brownlee say that once he sets his mind on something, nothing can make him deviate. So, Tokyo it is, then -- and more history as the three-time champion, perhaps. It would take someone seriously special to beat him. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email