Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 04:44

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Cardinals could also be working out long sn
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 янв 2019, 11:09 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
By now its a weekly routine: Big NFL stars like Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and Panthers quarterback Cam Newton take the field wearing custom-designed cleats.But the big names arent the only ones wearing the custom footwear. A growing number of players are wearing one-of-a-kind cleats -- usually just in pregame warm-ups but sometimes in games -- and many of them are getting the customized gear from an unlikely source: a sneaker shop in Buffalo, whose co-owner and cleat artist have ridden their custom designs all the way to a partnership with Nike.The shop, which is called Fabes Sole High, opened in 2014. Were big on exclusivity -- things that are expensive and rare, things you wouldnt find at Foot Locker, said the shops co-owner, Napoleon Polo Kerber, whos 26. Athletes would come to our store for that, so we already had that customer base.Shortly after the shop opened, Kerber met up with a 31-year-old local artist named Nicholas Avery, who got into customized footwear by painting his own sneakers for fun. A couple of designs that Id done were displayed at a different shop in Buffalo, he said. I wasnt really affiliated with them, but they just thought it would be cool to showcase those designs. Then, I started getting requests, and I ran into the guys at Fabes Sole High and we talked about working together.Things started slowly. The first athlete to request customized cleats from them was a college player -- Mississippi quarterback Chad Kelly, whos from Buffalo and requested a custom pair last year. But their big break came when Bills running back LeSean McCoy asked for a pair. Then, other Bills players saw what he was wearing and wanted their own pairs, and then theyd tell their friends on other teams, guys they went to college with, and it kind of took off from there, Kerber said.Things have picked up this season, as word of Fabes Sole High has spread. Players whove worn the shops custom designs have included the following:? Dolphins cornerback Bobby McCain. Avery turned the Nike swoosh on McCains cleats into a stylized dolphin.? Colts wide receiver Donte Moncrief. Avery again modified the Nike logo, this time taking the subtle approach of adding white dots to the swoosh to mimic the similar markings on the Colts horseshoe logo.? Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins. Hopkins got a pair of NASA-themed cleats, complete the NASA logo on the insole and moon craters on the exterior. ? Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard. Wheres Waldo? Right on Shepards cleats. ? Bills cornerback Kevon Seymour. Seymour went with a Sonic the Hedgehog theme for his custom cleats.Other Fabes Sole High customers have included Titans tight end Delanie Walker and Bills quarterback Cardale Jones, among others. The NFL often frowns on custom footwear being worn in games, so most of these players have worn their Fabes Sole High cleats only for pregame activities. But some have managed to get them into games. The guys who police this stuff for the league, theyll tell the players during pregame, You cant wear that during the game, but they usually dont check after that, Kerber said. So some guys, like Cardale Jones, have switched to regular cleats for the first half and then worn their custom designs during the second half.Kerber handles most of the communication with the players, but Avery executes the designs. Ill start by roughing the shoe up with a sanding pen, so itll hold the paint better, Avery said. Then I use whats called an adhesion promoter, which is usually used for automotive paint jobs, which also helps the paint to adhere. I use Angelus paint, which is designed for leather. Its made to flex without cracking. I mostly use an airbrush, but Ill use do small details by hand. And then I use a heat gun to cook the paint onto the shoe. The whole process takes about 20 hours. The player usually provides the cleats, and the price for the paint job is generally in the $400 range.Avery said the players usually leave the designs up to him. They might specify what color they want, but otherwise they leave it pretty wide open for me to do whatever I think looks good, so theres a surprise factor, he said. I dont do any mock-ups or preliminary versions for their approval because the designs usually evolve as Im working on them, so the final version would look different anyway.But a few players have taken a more active role in the design concepts for their cleats. Cardinals cornerback Marcus Cooper, for example, requested a pair that celebrated the upcoming birth of his daughter, so he provided Avery with photos to use, including a sonogram image.Players arent the only ones whove taken notice of Fabes Sole Highs work. With the NFL allowing players to wear custom cleats to support charitable endeavors during the games played on Dec. 4, Kerber and Avery have temporarily relocated to Oregon, where theyve been working with Nike to create footwear designs for many of the players affiliated with the sportswear giant. ESPN.com will provide previews of those designs soon -- stay tuned.Paul Lukas writes about uniforms for ESPN.com. If you like this column, youll probably like his Uni Watch Blog, plus you can follow him on Twitter and Facebook. Want to learn about his Uni Watch Membership Program, be added to his mailing list so youll always know when a new column has been posted or just ask him a question? Contact him here. Cheap Air Jordan 6 Sale . PETERSBURG, Fla. Air Jordan 6 China . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. http://www.cheapairjordan6.us/ . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Cheap Air Jordan 6 . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Air Jordan 6 Sale Cheap . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals were widely expected to contend for the Super Bowl this season. That lofty goal is still in play, of course, but a 1-2 start and coming off a 33-18 loss at Buffalo on Sunday has the Cardinals trying to find solutions to unexpected problems.Those issues, coach Bruce Arians said Monday, include communication in-game on the road, increased mental errors, slow starts coming out of halftime, and too many leaders with not enough followers in the locker room.Those four trouble spots came out of Sundays loss, which saw Arizona trail by as many as 23 points in the third quarter. The Bills gashed a typically more stout Cardinals defense for 208 rushing yards, with an average of 6.5 yards per attempt.On offense, Carson Palmer threw four interceptions and was sacked five times.Weve never given up that many yards rushing. Never had that poor a performance on third down (offense). This one, it was a good old-fashioned butt-kicking, and we took it, Arians said. Weve got some guys that are trying to do too much . pressing and trying too hard. I think thats easily correctable.Arians feels the Cardinals have yet to start second halves well. With Buffalo being the first road game, he said players had problems hearing calls amid the noise. And there are roughly five more mental mistakes occurring than in a typical game.We went over there and we werent ready, left guard Mike Iupati said. Film dont lie.The Cardinals spent Monday going over the film from Sundays game in what was sure to be an unpleasant lookback. Then theyll turn the page and start preparing for a home game against the Los Angeles Rams (2-1) this week.I definitely feel like this week is going to be very intense for us, running back David Johnson said.Veteran leadership isnt an issue, but younger players trying to do their own thing is, Arians said.Were finding out about ourselves, Arians said. Were good enough . they know the talent is there, I dont have to giive them that message.dddddddddddd The message to the team was find a positive way to fix whats wrong.Players seemed to take that to heart, as they individually spoke of having to improve on the field while remembering to keep things simple.At the end of the day its just football, safety Tyrann Mathieu said. You always have to go back to your fundamentals.Youre playing for the guy next to you, youre not playing for expectations or trophies that arent won in September, Mathieu added. We just have to get back to that.PROBLEM AT PUNTER: The Cardinals figure to be looking for a punter this week. Drew Butler has a combination sprained Achilles tendon and foot injury suffered during the first half of the loss at Buffalo. Butler could miss time with the injury, but was able to stay in the game and hold for place kicks.Well search it all out (Tuesday), look at all our options, Arians said Monday.The Cardinals hope to keep Butler active this week, if possible, and use him only as a holder, Arians added.The fact that I could actually put my foot on the ground, I knew my Achilles was still intact, Butler said. I honestly couldnt put any weight on my toe, so punting was out of the question.Wide receiver Michael Floyd came out of Sunday with a headache and is in the concussion protocol. Tight end Troy Niklas had one catch for no gain on Sunday and injured a wrist. It could be severe, Arians said.SNAP JUDGMENT: The Cardinals could also be working out long snappers by Tuesday. Rookie Kam Canaday has had two glaring snap errors on field goals this season. The second came Sunday when his high snap sailed over Butlers hands and was picked up and returned for a Bills touchdown.Canaday is also dealing with a rib injury, which Arians said has to be evaluated and considered.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email