Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 00:10

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: their fifth loss in six contests,
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 янв 2019, 11:02 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
NEW YORK -- In the end, Andrew Fox wasnt charged with an error.The 29-year-old had everything he needed to make one of lifes biggest decisions on Tuesday night: the engagement ring, the perfect woman and a beautiful early autumn night at Yankee Stadium, which focused a camera on the couple and broadcast the big moment on the center field video board.What the New Castle, Pennsylvania, resident didnt have was steady hands.When Fox pulled the precious item from his pocket and dropped to one knee before 29-year-old girlfriend Heather Terwilliger to propose during the middle of the fifth inning, the ring fell to the ground in the second row of section 228 in the ballparks second deck.The crowd gasped and then jeered the fumble. Fox and Terwilliger scrambled to find the jewelry, and the search was televised between pitches by the Yankees YES Network. The hunt under the chairs went on for nearly five tense minutes as Fox began to cry, fearing the ring was lost. Several other fans joined the search, rooting around on the ground, some using lights on their mobile phones.I opened the ring box and got on my knee, and as soon as I opened it just fell, and we couldnt find it for the longest time, Fox said.Finally, Terwilliger looked down and saw something shiny in the cuff of her pants leg -- earning a save. The crowd of 35,161 roared.Everyone was trying to help us find it, and it ended up being in her pants leg, like the bottom of it, Fox said.Fox sank to a knee again to present the ring. Terwilliger, who is from Fredonia, New York, said yes, then gave him a long kiss and a hug.Yankee Stadium public address announcer Paul Olden informed the crowd the ring had been found.Fox took Terwilliger to the game as a belated present for her Sept. 21 birthday and bought Yankees jerseys as an extra gift. He wore a Mariano Rivera No. 42 and Terwilliger sported Derek Jeters No. 2.I wanted to get two great players, Fox said.The couple, which had its first date Feb. 1, planned to maybe go to Times Square after the game -- Terwilliger has never seen it at night.A still photo of the couple was shown on the video board during the seventh-inning stretch, recognizing them as fans of the game.Im shocked, but Im feeling in love, an elated Terwilliger said. Air Max 270 Destockage .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Air Max 270 Promo . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. http://www.pascherairmax270.fr/ .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Air Max 270 Pas Cher Chine . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Air Max 270 France .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals.KAZAN, Russia -- Erica Wiebe of Stittsville, Ont., won bronze in wrestlings 72-kilogram weight class at the Summer Universiade on Saturday, while Canadas womens 4x200-metre freestyle relay team also won bronze to boost the Canadian teams medal total to 12. Wiebe, a two-time CIS champion for the University of Calgary, defeated Gozol Zuova of Azerbaijan to reach the podium. She lost to Russias Ekaterina Bukina in the quarter-finals earlier in the day, but was qualified for the bronze match through the repechage. "This day was awesome," said Wiebe. "I had Bukina, a former world medallist, and I knew she was going to be really tough. I was heartbroken that I lost, but I knew I was going to come back in the repechage. As soon as my match was over, I refocused and set a goal of leaving with a medal. "At the end of those six minutes, I was so happy and relieved to achieve my goal." Natasha Kramble of Saskatoon also battled for bronze Saturday. The University of Saskatchewan product missed the podium at 48 kilograms after losing to Mariya Livach of Ukraine. At the pool, the womens relay team of Calgarys Lindsay Delmar, Torontos Brittany MacLean and Paige Schultz, and Vancouvers Savannah King won bronze behind Russia, which won gold, and the United States. It was the second medal of the Games for MacLean and Paige, who also captured bronze with the 4x100 free relay. "We always feel some pressure because we want to medal every time we jump in the pool," said MacLean, a 2012 Olympian. "We were so excited because relays are fun and our teammates really supported us." Canada was fourth behind Australia when King dove into the water for the final 200 metres. "Its always good to be pushed," said King, a two-time Olympian. "Australia gave us more energy and helped us reach the podium." The medals boosted Canadas total to one gold, five silver and five bronze after nine days at the 27th World University Games. In other swimming finals, Schultz was seventh in the womens 200 individual medley, while Zack Chetrat of Oakville, Ont., was seventh in the mens 200 butterfly. In mens volleyball, Canada (3-2)) saw its medal hopes vanish with a disappointing straight-set loss to Ukraine in the quarter-finals (25-21, 25-23, 25-23).dddddddddddd. The Canadians, who finished fourth in 2011 in Shenzhen, China, will now play for positions five to eight. They meet South Korea on Sunday. Nicholas Hoag of Sherbrooke, Que., paced the Canadian attack with 15 kills, while Steven Marshall of Abbotsford, B.C., had 14. "They were good in their block and their defence, so its a credit to all of our spikers that they were able to get all of the kills that they did," said Canadian head coach Larry McKay. In womens volleyball, the Canadians downed Taiwan in four sets of 27-25, 14-25, 25-20 and 27-25 to advance to the consolation final for fifth place. Canada (2-2) wraps up the tournament against Japan on Sunday. Canadas top finishes in 18 previous appearances at the biennial competition were a pair of fourth places in 1983 and 1997. Kyla Richey, a senior national team member from Roberts Creek, B.C., led the offence with 13 kills. In womens basketball, Miah-Marie Langlois of Windsor, Ont., scored a game-high 26 points in Canadas 75-72 overtime loss to Sweden in consolation action. Langlois drained a late three-pointer and Dartmouth, N.S., native Rachelle Coward made a free throw to end the fourth quarter and send the game to overtime. Canada play Hungary for seventh place on Monday. In womens soccer, Canada (3-2) blanked Estonia 3-0 in consolation action and will face Russia for ninth place Monday. In mens water polo, the Canadians suffered their fifth loss in six contests, dropping a 9-3 decision to Montenegro in the consolation side of the draw. Theyll wrap up the 12-team competition against Belgium on Monday. Canadian tennis players won three matches in consolation play. Phil Anderson of Halifax prevailed 7-5, 6-3 in his second singles match, Dominique Harmath of Toronto was a 6-2, 6-2 victor and advanced to the consolation semifinals, while Kristina Sanjevic of Edmonton downed her opponent 6-4, 6-2 in her third contest. In shooting, Jeremy Gyoerick of Prince Albert, Sask., began competition by placing 38th in the 10-metre air pistol event. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email