Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 14:10

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: everyone will drink champagne, and
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 янв 2019, 10:32 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
DARLINGTON, S.C. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. returned to Sprint Cup success after a concussion in 2012. Hes betting hell do it once more in 2017 and beyond.Earnhardt spoke Sunday at Darlington Raceway, two days after he and Hendrick Motorsports announced the sports most popular driver would end his season as he continues recovery from concussion-like symptoms after a crash at Michigan in June.Earnhardt, wholl turn 42 next month, has heard people say he should walk away as his recovery continued.I have the passion and desire to drive, Earnhardt said. My heart is there to continue and if my doctor says I can continue, thats an easier decision for me to make.Dr. Micky Collins, medical director of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Sports Concussion Program, also treated Earnhardt four years ago.Seeing his response to treatments has been very positive. So I am positive that we are going to get Dale back to being a race car driver, Collins said. Im very excited about that prospect.So are many in the Sprint Cup garage and the stands.Earnhardt stopped by to see his team preparing the No. 88 Chevrolet as fans in the pit area snapped pictures and wished him well. For Earnhardt, such interactions fuel his recovery -- one he expects to be complete in time for next Februarys Daytona 500.I havent put a lot of thought into the future until I get well, Earnhardt said. My heart wants me to continue and be working with the guys I got.Im only 41, Earnhardt continued. Ive got some good years left. I think Im as good as Ive been inside the car. I feel like Im still an asset to the team and to the company.Earnhardt has not raced since Kentucky, missing the past five races. Jeff Gordon will drive for Earnhardt at the Southern 500 later Sunday.Earnhardt acknowledged the difficulty seeing others in his seat or going to debriefing meetings at the race shop. I feel like a distraction, he said.His balance, vision and anxiety and mood have all improved since the diagnosis earlier this summer, both Earnhardt and Dr. Collins said.Earnhardt has attended sponsor functions and performed routine activities of daily life without too many bobbles, although he did say that he feels best when seated on the couch and can see a dropoff when he leaves to drive to the store or walk around a race track.It gives me the confidence this is going in the right direction, he said.Earnhardts confidence also comes from the treatment after a crash at a test session in Kansas four years ago left him concussed. He missed two races, but won later that season in Michigan. Since his previous concussion, Earnhardt has won eight of his 28 career Sprint Cup races in seasons hes called some of the very best of my career.Earnhardt reached NASCARs championship Chase all four seasons and Dr. Collins has told him similar success is possible going forward. I believe it, Earnhardt said.Car owner Rick Hendrick said the sponsors have unanimously backed Earnhardts cautious, get entirely well approach without squawking. Were excited about the progress. Were excited about him getting back in the car, Hendrick said. I can see how taking the pressure off the team, the pressure off him, the pressure off the sponsors and lets just have a plan.Earnhardt said part of the plan is once hes cleared to drive race cars, hell get to a race track and test his skills. Hes spoken with NASCAR, who gave their backing to an individual test to reacquaint himself with racing.Earnhardt remains confident that hes got great years ahead.Rick likes to say weve got unfinished business and I certainly feel the same way, Earnhardt said. Weve got races to win. Stan Smith Destockage .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. Stan Smith Soldes . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. http://www.stansmithfrance.fr/ . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Basket Stan Smith Pas Cher . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Stan Smith Solde Pas Cher . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Marieke Vervoort lives with nearly unbroken pain. The Belgian has an incurable, degenerative spinal disease, sleeps only 10 minutes some nights, and in 2008 she signed euthanasia papers so she can decide when to end her own life.The 37-year-old Paralympian is prepared to die, but not now. Back home, newspapers have been reporting the wheelchair racer intends to kill herself after the Paralympics end next weekend.I think there is a great mistake about what the press told in Belgium, Vervoort said Sunday, speaking in English and surrounded by reporters wanting to hear her compelling story.This is totally out of the question, she added. When the day comes, when I have more bad days than good days -- I have my euthanasia papers. But the time is not there yet.This is Vervoorts last Paralympics. She won silver Saturday night in the T52 400 meters, adding to the gold and silver medals she won four years ago in London. Her last wheelchair race will be Saturday at 100 meters.Shes shown her will to live by tackling tough training, and its also helped keep her alive. But she has to give it up, as she has other things, as her body has broken down.Her pain is so severe at times that she loses consciousness, and she said the sight of her in pain has caused others to pass out.Its too hard for my body, Vervoort said. Each training Im suffering because of pain. Every race I train hard. Training and riding and doing competition are medicine for me. I push so hard -- to push literally all my fear and everything away.Vervoort is a strong advocate of the right to choose euthanasia, which is legal in Belgium. Like training hard, she said it gives her the control and puts my own life in my hands.Im really scared, but those (euthanasia) papers give me a lot of peace of mind because I know when its enough for me, I have those papers, she said.If I didnt have those papers, I think Id have done suicide already. I think there will be fewer suicides when every country has the law of euthanasia. ... I hope everybody sees that this is not murder, but it makes people livve longer.ddddddddddddVervoort said getting the papers was difficult, requiring examinations by several doctors who looked at her mental and physical state. She said its not like having the flu.You only get those papers when there is no way back, she said.As her body withers, she needs a helper to visit four times daily. She suffers from epileptic seizures, and had one in 2014 when she was cooking pasta and spilled boiling water over her legs. That resulted in a four-month hospital stay.A beloved Labrador named Zenn now stays with her, pawing her when a seizure is about to occur. Zenn also pulls her socks out of the sock drawer, and helps carry groceries home when Vervoort buys too much.When Im going to have an epileptic attack, she warns me one hour before, Vervoort said. I dont know how she feels it.Vervoort said she keeps pushing back the day of her death, knowing it could come anytime -- as it can for anyone. She said she can be pain-free one minute, and nearly pass out a few minutes later.You have to live day-by-day and enjoy the little moments, she said. Everybody tomorrow can have a car accident and die, or a heart attack and die. It can be tomorrow for everybody.Vervoort calls herself a crazy lady. She still hopes to fly in an F-16 fighter jet, ride in a rally car, and shes curating a museum of her life going back to at least 14 when she was diagnosed with her rare illness. She also gives inspirational speeches, has picked out a singer for her wake, and says everyone will drink champagne, and not be bored with coffee and cake.She wants to be remembered as the lady who was always laughing, always smiling.I feel different about death now than years ago, Vervoort said. For me I think death is something like they operate on you, you go to sleep and you never wake up. For me its something peaceful.---Stephen Wade on Twitter: http://twitter.com/StephenWadeAP . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/stephen-wade China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email