Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 12:08

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Fournette as the No. 1 overall prospect, w
СообщениеДобавлено: 27 сен 2018, 12:10 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
Auston Matthews naturally slowed down a bit after scoring four goals in his phenomenal NHL debut.The Maple Leafs first overall pick is still on top of a league-wide youth wave thats only picking up speed.From Toronto to Arizona, teenagers and rookies had a major impact throughout hockey during the first month of the season.As November began, 19-year-old Edmonton captain Connor McDavid was tied for the league lead in points, while Matthews and 18-year-old Winnipeg sensation Patrik Laine both had a share of the leagues goal-scoring lead. Toronto forward William Nylander was similarly prolific, winning the NHLs rookie of the month award.Two straight bumper crops of youngsters are changing the game with precocious speed and skill. Theyre also bringing hope to frustrated fan bases across the continent -- particularly north of the border, where some of the best talent is taking flight.The generation thats taking over is a new one, in my opinion, said Oilers coach Todd McLellan, who coached McDavid, Matthews and several other top youngsters at the World Cup of Hockey. They havent played under the old clutch-and-grab rules. They never were exposed to it. Theyve always played free hockey. ... Theyre fast, and they like playing that way.Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr were in attendance when McDavid and Matthews had their first head-to-head meeting Tuesday night in the biggest showcase yet for the leagues young stars. While neither No. 1 pick scored in Torontos 3-2 overtime win over Edmonton, its clear they could be fighting for Art Ross trophies and Stanley Cup titles for years to come.Its not just Auston, and its not just Connor, Gretzky told reporters in Toronto. Theres some good young players on both teams, and expectations go up with that.Indeed, the 2015-16 campaign produced a banner crew of rookies league-wide, including McDavid, Buffalos Jack Eichel and Philadelphia defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere. Chicago left wing Artemi Panarin, who turned 25 this week, scored 77 points in 80 games to beat out McDavid for the Calder Trophy.The new group appears to be equally promising. Matthews, Laine and Nylander appear to be ready for immediate stardom, while several other rookies have stepped into big roles.But for clear star potential, nobody tops McDavid and Matthews, who could be at the start of parallel career paths with similarities to the roads traveled by Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin, who broke into the NHL together as No. 1 picks in 2005.McDavid is no longer a rookie despite missing nearly half of last season with a broken collarbone, but hes still a teenager until January. Matthews just turned 19 after spending last year playing pro hockey in Switzerland, and he spent plenty of time with McDavid at the World Cup.Hes a good guy, McDavid said of Matthews. I get along with him. I definitely dont consider him a rival. ... Hes definitely not a guy that needs advice. Hes got a good head on his shoulders, and hes got a lot of confidence as well, so you dont really need to tell him anything.Signs of this youth explosion were obvious in September, when that 23-and-under Team North America captivated the World Cup with its up-tempo, exciting brand of play.It was a fun time playing with a bunch of guys who were kind of your age and really competing hard, Matthews said.While McDavid has the young Oilers off to a promising start, no city has more blue-chip talent than Toronto, the epicenter of hockey and the home of the perennially frustrating Maple Leafs.Although the standings still dont look great, coach Mike Babcock is giving significant playing time to six rookies -- including two of the highest-scoring newcomers in the game.Nylander, who had four goals and seven assists in his first nine NHL games, got a jump-start on this fall with 22 games for the Leafs last season. Matthews is probably the most tantalizing player in the sport, and he had the top-selling jersey in the NHLs online store last month.Three more Toronto rookies -- defenseman Nikita Zaitsev and forwards Mitch Marner and Connor Brown -- already look comfortable in the league. The gifted Marner would be the most talked-about player in Toronto if it wasnt for his two teammates lighting up scoreboards ahead of him.Laine was a 7-year-old Finnish kid when Ovechkin broke in with Washington, and he grew up idolizing the Russian star. The No. 2 overall pick last summer is off to a fantastic start in North America, scoring six goals in his first nine games with ferocity and flair.A surprising name was right behind Laine early on the rookie scoring lists: Travis Konecny, the smallish first-round pick who made the Flyers opening-night roster along with teenage Russian defenseman Ivan Provorov. Both rookies have stuck in Philadelphia, and Konecny had seven points in his first 10 games.Youre playing against men out there, Konecny said. Its definitely a little bit of an adjustment, but Im slowly getting used to it. The first few games, I felt like there was no time for me on the ice, but Ive been making room for myself and allowing myself to make more plays.BY THE NUMBERSA remarkable nine rookies averaged at least 0.67 points per game while playing in at least five games in October. Some of the kids making a major impact include:- Jimmy Vesey, the New York Rangers forward who signed as a free agent out of Harvard and immediately backed up his Hobey Baker Award credentials with five goals in October.- Michael Matheson, the 22-year-old Florida Panthers defenseman taking key roles on both ends.- Jakob Chychrun, the 18-year-old Florida native getting a regular role on the Arizona Coyotes blue line.- Zach Werenski, the 19-year-old Blue Jackets defenseman with six points in his first seven NHL games -- and surviving as a Michigan man in Columbus.STREAKINGArtem Anisimov has a career-high point streak of eight games after getting a goal and an assist in Chicagos 5-1 win over Calgary on Tuesday night.SLUMPINGThe Los Angeles Kings havent scored a goal in three straight games after their 4-0 trouncing by Anaheim in the Freeway Faceoff on Tuesday night.LEADERSGoals, Anisimov (Chicago) and Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay), 7; Points, Anisimov, 13; Time on ice, Dustin Byfuglien (Winnipeg), 28:49; Wins, Cam Talbot (Edmonton), 7.GAME OF THE WEEKThe rematch of the Stanley Cup Final is Saturday night when Pittsburgh visits San Jose at the Shark Tank. Both conference champions are off to strong starts again this fall.---AP sports writers Dan Gelston and Stephen Whyno contributed to this report. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Jaron-Brown-Jersey/ . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Tj-Logan-Jersey/ . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Markus-Golden-Jersey/ . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Brandon-Williams-Jersey/ . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Drew-Stanton-Jersey/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU?All-American running back?Leonard Fournette plans to bypass his senior season and enter the upcoming NFL draft.The junior running back announced his decision on Monday.I will be declaring for the 2017 NFL draft after our bowl game, Fournette wrote in a note to fans on Twitter. I make this announcement now so that there will not be speculation and distractions while we prepare. I want everyone to know that I will forever treasure my experience as a Tiger.Fournette is universally regarded as one of the top prospects in the 2017 draft. ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay ranks Fournette as the No. 1 overall prospect, while ESPNs Mel Kiper Jr. has him second behind only Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett.As a sophomore, Fournette set an SEC record by rushing for 162.8 yards per game -- plus his 1,953 rushing yards last season rank second in conference history behind Alabamas Derrick Henry (2,219).However, he has struggled with nagging ankle issues this season since initially suffering a high-ankle sprain, low-ankle sprain and bone bruise in an August scrimmage. The injuries prevented him from playing in four games and limited his participation in several more.Fournette still rushed for 843 yards and eight touchhdowns in seven games, including a 284-yard effort against Ole Miss that briefly stood as LSUs single-game rushing record before teammate Derrius Guice broke it with 285 yards in the regular-season finale against Texas A&M.dddddddddddd.Fournette sat out that game against the Aggies, and his status for bowl season remained up in the air, although LSU coach Ed Orgeron said Sunday night that he expected his star junior to play if healthy.Hes been at every meeting bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, wanting to go, Orgeron said. Hes always indicated to me that he wants to represent the LSU Tigers in the best way. I dont see any other reason for anything to happen. Now if an injury prevents him, it prevents him. But I think if hes well, hes ready to go, hes going to play.Fournette is the first of several draft-eligible LSU juniors who must make draft decisions ahead of the Jan. 16 deadline. McShay and Kiper both rank LSU junior safety Jamal Adams as the sixth overall prospect, and Tigers underclassmen such as defensive tackle Davon Godchaux and wide receiver Malachi Dupre also have yet to announce their intentions. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online NFL Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Jerseys From China China Womens NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email