Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 04:40

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: nore guys like Hooper and Skelton who do
СообщениеДобавлено: 02 июн 2018, 05:36 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
RIO DE JANEIRO -- He wasnt sure he could leave Rio. And when he did, Adam Krikorian wasnt sure he could come back. Such is the cloud of grief the U.S. womens water polo coach has been operating under since learning of the sudden death of his older brother last week.Blake Krikorian, 48, the co-founder of Slingbox, died, apparently due to natural causes, after paddleboarding last week in the Bay Area, leaving family, friends and associates in the Silicon Valley stunned. It left Adam, seven years his junior and the youngest of three brothers, not knowing quite what to do.In moments like that, you take it moment by moment and hour by hour because your emotions swing so much that it would be silly to make a rash decision early, Krikorian said. Even when it first happened, I wasnt planning on going home; I think partly because I didnt think it was real. When youre so far away, you dont think its real.Then as I sat in my apartment, I thought, I need to be home, I want to be home, my family needs me to be home. And so thats why ultimately I went, and once I made that decision to go, I had a good, strong feeling I was going to come back. But that didnt make it any easier. One of the hardest things to do is leave your friends and family, and thankfully they gave me so much love and support and almost pushed me out the door to make sure I was back here doing what I should be doing.Krikorian returned to Rio on Monday, the day before his team won its opening game against Spain 11-4, in a rematch of the 2012 gold-medal game, which the Americans also won. On Thursday, the U.S. took a 3-0 lead less than five minutes into its second-round game against China and rolled to a 12-4 victory.Olympic veteran Maggie Steffens, 23, and 18-year-old rookie Maddie Musselman scored four goals apiece to lead the U.S., a combination of experience and youth that characterizes their team and gave Krikorian a sense of satisfaction as he struggles to get through the emotions he said have been high and low.Its ironic because Ive given this team a real hard time over the last year about taking some ownership of the group -- not so much Maggie, shes been such a great leader, and some of our older players -- but our young players stepping up and being better leaders and more responsible, he said. So its ironic that, in this moment, I left and almost forced them to step up and not just rely on Maggie and Courtney Mathewson and Kami Craig and Melissa Seidemann but rely on each other and rely on themselves to get prepared.Craig said the team battled nerves and played rushed Thursday. You never know how theyre going to show up and which way, and were prepared for all of those, she said. But I think theres always that bit of nerves to see how the game goes and, once youre a few minutes in, youre into your flow, into your zone.The U.S. next faces Hungary, and, although Steffens said she and her teammates carry an attitude toward opponents of Bring it on, bring on your best, Krikorian said his club needs to do some fine-tuning.In some ways I understand, but we need to be more consistent and sharper if were going to win some tight games, said the U.S. coach, who subbed out starting goalkeeper Ashleigh Johnson for Sami Hill in the last five minutes in an effort, he said, to give Hill some Olympic experience.We see everyones best early on and then they cash it in a little bit. When you get to a quarterfinal, a semifinal and final, theyll be pushing for the full four quarters, and we need to be ready for that.As for Krikorian, his team is pushing for him.Adam is doing great, Craig said. I am so proud of him and his strength and his ability to stay focused through this process. What happened to him doesnt change all of his knowledge and preparation and all of his focus as a coach. Hes an incredible coach, and hopefully, with a little help from us, hes staying in the moment and enjoying this experience as we are. But were happy to have him here and we wouldnt want him to be anywhere else. Andre Smith Jersey .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Panthers Stitched Jerseys . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. http://www.authenticpanthersshopnfl.com/ . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. Marquis Haynes Jersey . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Donte Jackson Jersey . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. Israel Folau isnt the only Waratahs player in the Hurricanes defensive cross-hairs as they prepare for a momentous Super Rugby clash in Sydney.Careful analysis of the Sydneysiders has broken down their attacking methods, much of which is directed towards giving space to brilliant Wallabies back Folau.Coach Chris Boyd says while the Hurricanes back their own attacking weapons to give the Waratahs problems on Saturday, he has spent much of his week fine-tuning the defensive structure.If you look at the way the Waratahs play and the positions they put Israel Folau in, theres no doubt he is more dangerous from broken play, Boyd said.Theyre clever the way they put him into positions that they want to, to get the most out of his game.Boyd also pointed to statistics which show flanker Michael Hooper and lock Will Skelton are among the most effective attacking players in their positions in Super Rugby.He says their involvement, often in the backline, and the go-forward they can generate is influential.Theres 3-4 guys who are pretty dominant in their game offensively. Youd be stupid to ignore guys like Hooper and Skelton who do a llot for them.ddddddddddddoyd says he doesnt need to say much to motivate his players, with their season at a potential cross-roads with two rounds remaining.Fourth overall and just three points behind the competition-leading Lions, they could yet match their top-qualifying achievement from last year.Yet if they lose in Sydney, they are under threat to miss the play-offs completely, with the Waratahs potentially the team to snatch a wildcard spot from them.Boyd doesnt want to contemplate playing away to the Crusaders in the final round next week if their season is on the line.He suspects the in-form Waratahs will throw everything at a game which is pivotal in their race for Australian conference honours against co-leaders, the Brumbies.At the end of the day, theyre desperate, were as keen as and were in their patch.Theyve become a handful, particularly at the back end of the season. They had a pretty soft start to the season and theyre chock-full of Wallabies so theyre a tough assignment for us. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email