Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 03:39

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: s. SEC Player of the Week LSUs Duop ReathReath
СообщениеДобавлено: 02 июн 2018, 04:46 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Martina Hingis won in her return to the WTA Tour, teaming with Daniela Hantuchova for a 6-1, 6-1 victory over Julia Goerges and Darija Jurak on Wednesday in the Southern California Open. Hingis, the 32-year-old former top-ranked singled player whose last tour match was September 2007, consistently showed the deft hands that made her a nine-time Grand Slam doubles champion before a sparse crowd that gave her a warm ovation when she was introduced. Hingis didnt touch the ball until the fifth point of the match but flashed her doubles talent when she hit a backhand volley right at Jurak for a point in the second game. "I felt like I got more comfortable (after the first set), returning, serving, everything," she said. "For me, mentally, I felt really good after that. The (first) service game of the second set, after that game I was like, Im back to normal." Hingis is scheduled to play doubles with Hantuchova in four tournaments, including the U.S. Open. "It was a great test for us and being able to beat them the way we did, it just gives us a lot of hope for the coming weeks," Hantuchova said about beating the team that reached the final of the Bank of the West Classic on Sunday. The Swiss Miss has retired twice previously, the first time in early 2003 at 22 and the last time in November 2007. In singles, Ana Ivanovic advanced to the second round by beating defending champion Dominika Cibulkova 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. The seventh-seeded Ivanovic, from Serbia, won nine of the final 11 games. She used a strong ground game to overpower Cibulkova, the Slovak coming off a victory Sunday in the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford. "As soon as the draw came out I thought it was one of the toughest first-round matches, especially being a seeded player," said Ivanovic, the former top-ranked singles player and 2008 French Open champ. "But I was really happy with my performance." Top-seeded Victoria Azarenka of Belarus beat Italys Francesca Schiavone 6-2, 6-3 in the second round. Azarenka was playing her first match since withdrawing from her second-round match at Wimbledon because of knee and hip injuries. "Just going on the court and competing was so much joy for me," Azarenka said. "I was really playing and happy to be doing something I was training for. . . . I dont think about it (injuries)." Ivanovic, who fired coach Nigel Sears after her second-round loss at Wimbledon, said she has been working on "being consistent and also working on that confidence part. It plays a big role. I felt like my game has been there at times but not my confidence." Third-seeded Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic and fourth-seeded Roberta Vinci of Italy had few problems in winning their opening matches after receiving first-round byes. Kvitova advanced to the quarterfinals with a 6-1, 6-2 victory over British teenager Laura Robson. The victory avenged Kvitovas second-round loss to Robson at the Australian Open in January. Vinci beat American Bethanie Mattek-Sands 6-4. In the late match, fifth-seeded Sam Stosur of Australia beat Kazakhstans Sesil Karatantcheva 6-4, 6-1 in the second round. Cheap Swingman 76ers Jerseys . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. Allen Iverson Jersey . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. http://www.cheap76ersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-charles-barkley-jersey . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Furkan Korkmaz Jersey . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. Moses Malone Jersey . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. SEC Player of the Week LSUs Duop ReathReath, a 6-foot-10, 235-pound junior forward from Perth, Australia, had 23 points, 14 rebounds, three blocks and three steals in a win over Wofford. The junior college transfer shot 69.2 percent (9 of 13) from the field in his debut for the Tigers. Reath became the sixth player in the Johnny Jones era at LSU dating back to the start of the 2012-13 season to have at least one career 20 pts-10 rebound game.SEC Freshman of the Week Kentuckys DeAaron FoxFox, a 6-foot-3, 187-pound guard from Houuston, Texas, averaged 16.dddddddddddd5 points, 7.5 assists and four rebounds in wins over Stephen F. Austin and Canisius. He had his first career double-double with 12 points and 12 assists in UKs season opener. It was the most assists for a UK player in their debut since assists began being kept in 1971-72. Fox finished the week with a perfect shooting percentage at the free-throw line (15 of 15). Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email