Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 18:22

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: deemed to be entirely "legal" while Douglas M
СообщениеДобавлено: 07 май 2018, 10:55 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Nyjer Morgan used his speed to get two key infield hits early in the game. His rare long ball provided an important late run. Morgan and Michael Bourn both drove in two runs, Josh Tomlin won his second straight start and the Cleveland Indians beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-5 on Sunday. "He always plays with energy," Indians manager Terry Francona said about Morgan. "We were looking for a way to get him in there today and Im glad we did." Morgan had an RBI infield single that rolled to a stop near the line between home and third before Bourn hit a two-run double as the Indians took a 3-1 lead in the second. Morgan also hit his first major league homer since July 30, 2012, an eighth-inning solo shot that made it 6-2. "I had to get something out of the infield today," a smiling Morgan said. Tomlin (2-0), who pitched just once in the big leagues last season after right elbow surgery in 2012, allowed two runs and six hits over six innings in his second outing this year. "The guys made the plays in the outfield and the infield, and thats the reason I won a game," Tomlin said. Cleveland took two of three in the series after entering with a seven-game road skid. "This is a tough place to play," Francona said. "Finding a way to beat them here is great. Ive sat in this chair too many times and been miserable." Matt Joyce homered and had two RBIs for the Rays, who went 1-5 on their homestand. Chris Archer (2-2) gave up four runs and eight hits in five-plus innings. "I think very simply put, were not playing the calibre of baseball right now that is a winning calibre of baseball," Rays third baseman Evan Longoria said. A three-run eighth pulled the Rays to 6-5. Ben Zobrist scored the first run in the inning when reliever Marc Rzepczynski made an errant throw to second on what could have been an inning-ending double play. Cody Allen allowed Wil Myers RBI single and hit Desmond Jennings with a pitch to load the bases. Yunel Escobar hit a sacrifice fly. "I had plenty of time. ... I rushed it," Rzepczynski said. "When I get those, I get super excited. Throw better sinkers to second than I do home sometimes." Bryan Shaw pitched a perfect ninth in place of demoted closer John Axford for his second save. Yan Gomes hit a leadoff homer that chased Archer during a two-run sixth that gave Cleveland a 5-2 advantage. Morgan reached on a bunt single off Brad Boxberger when a call was overturned on replay. Morgan advanced on a balk and wild pitch, then scored the innings second run on Mike Aviles sacrifice fly. Joyce hit a first-inning solo homer off Tomlin. Joyce, who is 6 for 12 with two homers against the right-hander, had an RBI single in the fourth. Cleveland threatened in the first but Michael Brantley was thrown out trying to score on Carlos Santanas two-out double. Santana went 2 for 3 with two walks and increased his batting average 12 points to .148. Brantley extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a third-inning single. NOTES: Francona tweaked his rotation for a three-game series at Toronto. RHP Danny Salazar (1-3) had his start pushed back to Thursday from Tuesday so that RHP Justin Masterson (2-1) and RHP Corey Kluber (3-3) can pitch Tuesday and Wednesday on normal rest. ... Tampa Bay RHP Jeremy Hellickson (arthroscopic right elbow surgery) hopes to resume throwing curveballs during bullpen sessions in a week. ... Indians 1B Nick Swisher was given the option by Francona to have a day off and took it. ... Rays LHP Cesar Ramos (1-1) and Mariners RHP Felix Hernandez (3-1) are Monday nights scheduled starters in Seattle. ... With the Rays road trip theme being "Woodstock," manager Joe Maddon looked the part from the 1969 concert, wearing a long-hair wig, sun glasses and tie-dye shirt. Darren Collison Jersey .J. -- Omar Cummings helped the Houston Dynamo advance to the MLS Eastern Conference finals. Domantas Sabonis Jersey . On Thursday, they signed former Browns linebacker DQwell Jackson. Terms of the deal were not immediately available. http://www.authenticbasketballshoppacer ... rs-jersey/. The Tiger-Cats announced on Friday the linebacker has signed a new contract with the team through the 2016 season. Indiana Pacers Jerseys . "Last year we were in a ton of situations, late-game situations we couldnt pull out. Wed kind of fold under the pressure, get frustrated or let a big shot frustrate us," guard DeMar DeRozan said. Reggie Miller Jersey . Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Ref, I am a Habs fan, but no one likes to see headshots or injuries. I dont think that Douglas Murray intended to concuss Mike Kostka, and I really hate the trend of punishment based on severity of injury instead of severity of the infraction. Murray deserves a suspension, but given inconsistency of supplementary discipline I have no idea what is appropriate. I see worse things get away with nothing and things that arent as bad might get 3 games. It just seems random. What Murray did was a lazy, stupid panic reaction to a player he knew he could not keep up with or slow down legally, and could reasonably have been foreseen as injurious but I dont think he intended that. He clearly meant to hit him, he clearly stuck out his elbow, but I dont think he intended to make it the sole or even primary point of contact. He is just big and slow enough that it was all he made contact with. I would probably give him 3-4 games but given inconsistency have no idea what to expect. Whatta we have to do to get consistency, and what does this deserve? PR Kerry, I read your post on a regular basis. My team is not on anyones radar, playoff-wise, so bias not an issue here. On Tuesday you commented on the Orpik hit - I totally agree on your view. I just happened to be channel surfing last night and saw the Douglas Murray hit which may not have been equal to but not unlike the Orpik hit except Murrays skates did not leave the ice but intensions were much the same with perhaps a bit more elbow and the refs threw the book at Murray -- match penalty. In your opinion, should the refs be more on the severe side in these cases like the Murray hit? Also, there seems to be real disconnect when these calls are made in different games with different teams. Just an opinion, but I think it would be better if the referees were more severe - more MATCH penalties in these situations. Intent to injure, which many of these hits are, should equal a match penalty. Murrays hit equals automatic suspension, Orpik equals 0 jb CLICK HERE to watch the play in question. PR and JB: I agree that Douglas Murray neither attempted nor intended to injure Mike Kostka on this play. At 63 and 240 lbs, Douglas Murray is a huge presence on the blue line but he is not regarded as a dirty player. Murray is a "straight ahead" type of player with somewhat limited lateral mobility. Given his size, whenever Murray contains or catches an opponent inside his personal space he can administer a punishing body check. On the play in question, it was this limited lateral mobility that caused Douglas Murray to make himself even bigger with a reflex elbow once Mike Kostka dished the puck offf in close quarters and was about to beat the Habs defenceman to the inside.dddddddddddd A match penalty for attempting to or deliberately injuring an opponent is more typically imposed for a retaliatory attack on an opponent and/or when there is a larger gap in space and time that would indicate some premeditation. For example, if Douglas Murray had taken a run at Mike Kosta with his elbow in an extended prone position targeted at the head of his opponent, a match penalty should clearly result. While I am in no way condoning the poor and dangerous decision that Murray made to extend his elbow and contact the head of Kostka, it appeared to be a desperation, reflex move by Murray intended to stop his opponent and not in an attempt to deliberately injure Kostka. Under the current standard and interpretation, a 5 minute major and game misconduct would be the more expected penalty assessment on a play of this nature. The resulting time penalty (5 minutes) and expulsion from the game Murray incurred would have been the same with either assessment. To your point, JB, if there was any doubt in the refs mind whether to assess a major plus game misconduct or a match penalty he and the game would be better served by imposing the more severe penalty. The primary difference is that as a result of being assessed a match penalty, Douglas Murray was automatically suspended from further competition until the Commissioner (Players Safety Committee) has ruled on the issue as stipulated in Rule 21.2. If a major and game misconduct (or no penalty at all) had been assessed, the Players Safety Committee would, at their discretion, been able to review the hit and impose a suspension to Murray under Rule 28 - supplementary discipline if they deemed it worthy. Douglas Murray needs to be suspended for his decision and actions on this play. I wouldnt expect it to be more than three games but your guess is as good as mine. There is a big difference between Brooks Orpiks check that made contact through the body and the head of Jonathan Toews and Murrays elbow hit to the head of Mike Kostka. Orpiks hit is deemed to be entirely "legal" while Douglas Murray clearly violated Rule 45 - elbowing and/or Rule 48 - illegal check to the head. Orpik left his feet to increase velocity and impact through the hit on his opponents body and head while Murray kept his skates planted firmly on the ice when he extended an elbow that struck the head of Kostka and became the main point of contact. Brooks Orpik intended to inflict added punishment with the hit on Toews, who had placed himself in a vulnerable position, while Douglas Murrays illegal reflex elbow was intended to stop Mike Kosta from getting past him. As Ive outlined, there is a big difference in the two hits where contact to the head of an opponent resulted in varying degrees. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email