Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 19:08

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: hdown receptions of 59 yards in the secon
СообщениеДобавлено: 07 май 2018, 10:46 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Teemu Selanne was determined not to cry when his jersey was retired by the Anaheim Ducks, and he barely succeeded somehow during an emotional tribute Sunday to his life and career.Turns out theres nothing the Finnish Flash cant do in a hockey rink.Actually the toughest part of keeping the emotions was when I was walking down the stairs, Selanne said, referring to his entrance through a cordon of high-fiving fans. The whole thing just hit so hard — plus I have to concentrate so I dont fall down those. What a night. Its very special.The Ducks hung Selannes No. 8 in the rafters to honour the beloved forward who became their franchise scoring leader during his 21-season NHL career. Eight months after Selanne ended a record-setting career spent mostly in Orange County, the Ducks celebrated the franchises most popular player and the 11th-leading goal-scorer in NHL history.I feel very lucky in so many different ways, Selanne told the sellout crowd. You guys have made this a happy place for us. Its overwhelming. You guys have treated me so well. Thanks for making this life so special.Commissioner Gary Bettman, team owner Henry Samueli and Selannes family joined two decades of teammates on stage before the Ducks faced the Winnipeg Jets, Selannes first NHL club. After the ceremony, the teams surprised Selanne by warming up in replicas of every jersey worn by Selanne with the two clubs — everything from the Ducks current look to the franchises mid-1990s sweaters.This whole thing has been unbelievable, Selanne said, employing his favourite adjective over the years.After speaking to the crowd, Selanne was joined by his family under a spotlight while a black banner with his No. 8 slowly rose.I dont remember the last time I was this nervous, Selanne said. I didnt know what to expect. It was really special. The whole package was perfect.Selanne won the Calder Trophy in 1993 and the Stanley Cup in 2007 while delighting hockey fans for a quarter-century with his electrifying offensive abilities and magnetic personality.Samueli hailed Selanne as the true face of the franchise and an exemplary leader who touched thousands of lives with charity work.We salute you, we thank you, we love you, Samueli added. You are permanently ingrained in the soul of the Anaheim Ducks franchise.Selannes jersey is the first retired by the Ducks, who came into existence in 1993 — a few months after Selanne set an NHL record with 76 goals in his rookie season in Winnipeg.Bettman called the goals mark a record that no doubt will never be broken, and he credited Selanne with a large role in hockeys rise to prominence in Southern California — even while fans greeted the commissioner with his usual round of boos.I would get booed to be with Teemu any time, Bettman said. Unless Im mistaken, it sounds like youre going Tee-muuuuuu.Selanne laughed and cocked his ear when fans started the One more year! chant that became an Anaheim staple over the last half-decade.That was funny, he said. Luckily, its not possible.The then-Mighty Ducks acquired Selanne in February 1996, and he returned to the franchise for good in 2005 after brief stints in San Jose and Colorado. Selanne spent parts of 15 seasons in Orange County, where he still lives year-round with his wife and four children.After flirting with retirement for seven consecutive summers, Selanne finally did for good last year after racking up 684 goals and 773 assists in 1,451 games. He is the 15th-leading scorer in NHL history with 1,457 points and the Ducks career leader in most major categories, including goals (457), assists (531) and games played (966).Selannes family was joined on the stage by Jari Kurri, his childhood hero, and former Ducks teammates, including Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Saku Koivu, Steve Rucchin, Guy Hebert, Todd Marchant and George Parros. Selanne also insisted on leaving an empty chair on stage for the late Don Baizley, his former agent.His friends took a few jabs: Giguere claimed Selanne is known for having a muffin for a shot.What Id like to know is how you fooled so many goalies over the years, Giguere asked with a smile.After Kurri related a story about the notorious gearhead asking to borrow his car the first time they met, Kurri addressed Selanne directly: Enjoy your retirement, but I hope that at some point, you go back into hockey, somehow, some way, soon.Selanne co-owns a Laguna Beach restaurant and plays plenty of golf and tennis in his retirement, but he expects to get back into hockey in some capacity soon, either with the Ducks or the Finnish national team.Before watching the game from a luxury suite, Selanne confirmed that the Stanley Cup victory was his most memorable day in a hockey uniform.Yeah, but not only that, he said. The biggest thing is that we won it right here. Thank you so much. This night is so special for me. Im never going to forget this. Xabi Alonso Jersey . Listen to the Rangers vs. Kings live on TSN Radio starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also stream the post-game press conferences live on TSN. Robert Lewandowski Jersey . -- Orleans Darkwa ran in from 1 yard with 1:45 left, and the Miami Dolphins rallied from two scores down in the final minutes to beat the Dallas Cowboys 25-20 on Saturday night. http://www.bayernmunichfcstore.com/auth ... ch-jersey/. For the first time all night, as the Raptors were on the clock to make the 20th overall selection, no one had the slightest idea what was about to happen. No leaks, no whispers, nothing. Niklas Dorsch Jersey .The Ottawa Senators winger was relegated to a corner seat in the locker-room to allow Daniel Alfredsson to return to his regular stall one last time. Javi Martinez Jersey . Kenny Miller scored from the penalty spot and Camilo Sanvezzo came off the bench to add two late goals as the Whitecaps kept their playoff hopes alive with a 3-0 victory over the sagging Impact on Saturday afternoon.ATLANTA -- Harry Douglas made the most of his long-awaited opportunity to be more than a complement to star receivers Julio Jones and Roddy White in Atlantas offence. Douglas had seven receptions for a career-best 149 yards, including a 37-yard touchdown catch, to lead the Falcons to a 31-20 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday. Matt Ryan also threw two touchdown passes to Jacquizz Rodgers as the Falcons (2-4) snapped a three-game losing streak. Douglas flourished as Ryans No. 1 target with Jones out for the season with a foot injury and White inactive for the first time in his nine-year career due to hamstring and ankle injuries. "Im the type of person that I never shy away from it," Douglas said. "Julio went down. Roddy wasnt playing. I wanted the challenge. Ive always been like that my whole life." Ryan completed 20 of 26 passes for 273 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions. Ryan said he expected a big game from Douglas, a fifth-year receiver who has never reached 500 yards receiving or had more than one touchdown catch in a season. "I dont think anyone in our locker room was surprised by his play," Ryan said. "Its what hes capable of doing. You may not know that about him because weve had those other guys." Atlanta managed only 18 yards rushing as running back Steven Jackson missed his fourth straight game with a hamstring injury. The loss left the Buccaneers (0-6) still looking for their first win. "Nobody wants to be in this situation," said Tampa Bay defensive end Adrian Clayborn. "Weve got to deal with it." Trailing 31-17, the Buccaneers held the ball for 18 plays and over 9 minutes in a marathon fourth-quarter drive that produced a first down at the Falcons 5. Four penalties on the possession, including a facemask call against Jackson that pushed the Bucs back to the 15, helped force Tampa Bay to settle for Rian Lindells 41-yard field goal with 5 minutes remaining. Lindell added his third field goal of the game, from 36 yards, with 2 minutes remaining. The Falcons ran out the clock after recovering an onside kick.dddddddddddd Tampa Bay running back Doug Martin left the game early in the third quarter with a shoulder injury and did not return. Martin had 11 carries for 47 yards before he was injured while attempting to catch a 16-yard pass near the left sideline. A side judge threw a penalty flag for an apparent unnecessary roughness on Falcons safety William Moore, but referee Walt Anderson withdrew the flag. Martin lay on his back for several minutes before walking off the field under his own power. He said X-rays "look fine" and the shoulder is not separated. "Were still evaluating what it is," Martin said. He said he is "not sure yet" if he would play in Thursday nights game against Carolina. "Just have to hope for the best," he said. Moore sacked Mike Glennon to force a fumble on Tampa Bays first possession. Safety Thomas DeCoud returned the fumble recovery 30 yards for a touchdown. Glennon, making his first road start, completed 26 of 44 passes for 256 yards and two touchdowns to Vincent Jackson. "He went on the road and showed he can handle the pressure on the road," said Tampa Bay receiver Mike Williams of Glennon. "As a team, weve got to help him and make more plays for him." Jackson, targeted on 22 passes, had 10 catches for 138 yards, including touchdown receptions of 59 yards in the second quarter and 1 yard in the third quarter. Jacksons second scoring catch was Tampa Bays first third-quarter touchdown this season. Entering the game, the Buccaneers had only 13 second-half points. Tampa Bay was called for 11 penalties for 103 yards. Following DeCouds touchdown, the Falcons stretched their lead to 14-0 on Ryans first touchdown pass to Rodgers, a 19-yarder early in the second quarter. Douglas added a 37-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter as the Falcons led 24-7 at halftime. After Tampa Bay cut the lead to 24-17 on Jacksons second touchdown catch, the Falcons answered with an 80-yard touchdown drive which ended with Rodgers 8-yard catch over the middle. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email