Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 23:34

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ply not very sharp. Marc-Andre Fleury
СообщениеДобавлено: 07 май 2018, 10:32 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera says he would take Bostons Dustin Pedroia over former teammate Robinson Cano as his top second baseman. Thats fine by Cano, who insists he respects Rivera as the best ever, no matter what. "There is no doubt that he is a Hall of Fame-caliber talent," Rivera said about Cano in his new book published Tuesday. "Its just a question of whether he finds the drive that you need to get there." "I dont think Robby burns to be the best. I think hes content to enjoy the game and help his team and go home. You dont see the red-hot passion in him that you see in most elite players," Rivera said. Cano has moved on out West with Seattle, determined not to let Riveras words in "The Closer: My Story" affect him or his new team. "Everybody has a different opinion. Thats his opinion and I have to respect his opinion," Cano said before Tuesday nights game at Oakland. "Im not going to go too far into this. Thats the only thing that I can say. My focus right now is this team. Im here, were winning. I was over there already and now Im here and now Im focused on the team. Im going to be excited for my teammates." Baseballs career saves leader played nine seasons with Cano. Rivera retired after last year, and Cano left the Yankees in the off-season and joined the Mariners on a $240 million, 10-year contract as the new centerpiece of the franchise. Rivera played against Pedroia for eight years in New Yorks rivalry with the Red Sox. "Nobody plays harder, gives more, wants to win more. He comes at you hard for 27 outs, every time. Its a special thing to see, a little guy like that who is willing to do whatever it takes," Rivera said. "If I have to win one game, Id have a hard time taking anybody over Dustin Pedroia as my second baseman." Rivera cites Roberto Alomar and former teammate Chuck Knoblauch as second baseman hed consider alongside Cano in the debate over the best at the position. In the end, Rivera decides on Pedroia. Cano has played at least 159 games in each of the past seven years -- and Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon insists that durability shows plenty about his love for the game and desire to be great and stay in the lineup every day. Cano will let those numbers provide all the necessary information. "Everybody knows I play 160 games," he said. "How does Mariano feel? I respect that and Im always going to have respect for him, a guy that I spent nine years with and for me is always going to be the best closer. Thats how I feel." McClendon said he was "surprised" to learn of Riveras remarks regarding Cano. "Im extremely proud, Im humbled and I feel blessed to be able to manage a guy of Robinson Canos character and his ability to play the game of baseball. Hes a Seattle Mariner and Im proud to have him," McClendon said. "One thing I know about human nature, I dont know what Robinson Cano is feeling inside, just like you dont know what Im feeling inside. Its impossible for me to justify that or answer that. All I can tell you is check the book, he plays 160, 162 games a year. I think thats pretty good passion. "The last nine years, hes been the best second baseman in baseball, offensively and defensively, and the awards and the numbers back it up." In the book, written with New York Daily News reporter Wayne Coffey, Rivera says there has been a decrease in atmosphere at New York home games following the move to new Yankee Stadium for the 2009 season. "It doesnt hold noise, or home-team fervour, anywhere near the way the old place did," he said. "The old Stadium was our 10th man -- a loud and frenzied cauldron of pinstriped passion, with a lot of lifers in the stands. Maybe Im wrong, but its hard to see that the new place can ever quite duplicate that." Eli Manning Jersey . You can watch all the action on TSN2 beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Pineda won his second straight start last Wednesday against Chicago, as he held the Cubs to just four hits over six scoreless innings to run his record to 2-0, while lowering his ERA to 1. Phil McConkey Jersey . Mika Zibanejad and Jason Spezza scored in the shootout to lead the Ottawa Senators to a 2-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night. http://www.giantsauthenticshop.com/Roger-Lewis-Jersey/. Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday. Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Latvia won a four-man World Cup bobsled race Sunday, while the U. Jason Pierre-Paul Jersey . -- Jose Bautista never worries about hitting homers during the regular season.Every night of the Stanley Cup playoffs, TSN hockey analyst and former NHL goaltender Jamie McLennan breaks down each goalies performance. Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Corey Crawford, Chicago Blackhawks (4) – Crawfords third period save on Zach Parise is exactly what he is all about, timely save to preserve the lead. His positioning has been excellent, efficient and confident. Hes not chasing the puck, not opening up and he just makes it look easy when hes feeling it. His biggest strength comes in his ability to read plays. Ilya Bryzgalov, Minnesota Wild (3) – Bryzgalov didnt receive help on any of the three goals he gave up. Jonathon Toews goal is a prime example of that; great save on Hossa, only to have Toewws jam in rebound.dddddddddddd Bryzgalov made some real good saves on Hossa, Bickell and Saad to give his team a chance today, however Minnesota was simply not very sharp. Marc-Andre Fleury (5) – Fleury made good saves early on the penalty kill on Pouliot, Moore, and overall, made great scramble plays in the crease all night long. He was very strong handling the puck tonight with both his decision making and exchanges with D-men tonight. Henrik Lundqvist (4) – Lundqvist made big saves on Kunitz, Sutter, Crosby, Bennett and Sutter tonight and had no chance on the goals against. He was the only reason this was two-goal game (outside the empty-netter). He made great reaction plays and fought through crease battles as he was under siege all night long. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email