Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 12:08

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: high level for a long period of time
СообщениеДобавлено: 07 май 2018, 04:56 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
LOS ANGELES -- Consistent and timely perimeter shooting by Blake Griffin and Jared Dudley, along with a season-high 36 assists, helped the Los Angeles Clippers to a satisfying start to 2014 following their most lopsided defeat of the season. Griffin scored 13 of his 31 points in the final 7:05 and Dudley got 11 of his 20 points in the third quarter, leading the defending Pacific Division champions to a 112-85 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "Dud is a shooter. Every time I see him shoot it, I think its going in, so were going to keep feeding him like that," Clippers point guard Chris Paul said. "Its all about confidence. We also have the utmost confidence in Blake. He works so hard, and it was great to see it all come together for him tonight. That was unreal. They didnt know what to do." Dudley faced his second former team in two games, making seven of 10 shots against the club that selected him with their first pick in 2007 and traded him to Phoenix after one season. He had nine points against the Suns on Monday in the Clippers 107-88 loss. "For me, to see the ball go in once or twice, it breeds confidence," said Dudley, who came in shooting a career-worst 44 per cent from the field. "Ive just got to be aggressive, and obviously make shots. I know when I play well, our team usually plays well. When you move the ball from side to side, it opens things up more. Sometimes when I do score, it just gives the other guys the confidence to do other things. But when Im not shooting the ball well, I have to do all the little things." Paul had 17 points and 14 assists, helping the Clippers beat the Bobcats for the sixth straight time and send them to their 17th straight road loss against Western Conference opponents. "We had 36 assists tonight, and you could see what we worked on yesterday at practice with ball movement," coach Doc Rivers said. "It was quick. The ball was flying around the floor, and that makes us really good. It makes it harder to guard Chris and Blake because you cant key on those guys. I think we got away from that a little bit, so its good that that came back tonight." Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker each scored 14 points for the Bobcats, whose previous six losses all were decided by five points or fewer. "Those guys played really well," Walker said. "They picked up their defence, made us take tough shots, and we werent able to make them. On the offensive end, they moved the ball really well, shared the ball and made shots. We just couldnt get over the hump in the second half." Dudley jump-started the Clippers in the third quarter with a 3-pointer and a 22-footer, and they pulled away to a 75-62 lead on DeAndre Jordans tip-in with 6:19 left in the third quarter. Dudley opened the fourth with another 3 to give Los Angeles an 84-69 cushion. But as hot as he was at the time, Dudley passed up a 3-point shot and drove the lane before dishing off to Ryan Hollins for a layup that resulted in a three-point play and an 87-71 advantage with 10:05 left. Griffin, who began the final quarter on the bench after picking up his fourth foul with 5.2 seconds left in the third, reported back in with 7:56 remaining and made four perimeter jumpers during a 1:33 span -- the first two from 21 feet and the next two from 18 feet -- to give the Clippers a 97-78 cushion with 5:32 left. "You never want to give anybody anything, especially a very good player like him. But thats the toughest shot in the NBA -- the long 2," Bobcats forward Josh McRoberts said. "Defensively, maybe we could have done a bit better job." For good measure, Griffin added his seventh 3-pointer of the season with 1:50 on the clock for a 102-83 lead. The Bobcats didnt make a field goal after Jeffersons 16-footer with 4:04 remaining. Charlotte shot 38.2 per cent from the field, making the Clippers 40-1 since the start of last season when holding an opponent under 42 per cent. "It was all about our defence and energy, and moving the ball," Paul said. "We had a great practice yesterday where we competed and just talked about moving the ball. We did tonight, and things came a little bit easier." Paul had 17 points and seven assists during a seesaw first half that included 18 lead changes, and both teams shot over 50 per cent before leaving the court at intermission tied at 56. Neither club led by more than four points until Chris Douglas-Roberts converted an offensive rebound into a layup to give the Bobcats a 43-37 margin with 6:41 left in the second quarter. The Bobcats came in having allowed the second-fewest points in the paint (35.8) and second-fewest fast-break points (9.9). The Clippers ended up with 38 and 15, respectively, after averaging 40.2 and 16.3 in both categories. NOTES: The Clippers are 4-2 on New Years Day since the franchise relocated to Los Angeles in 1984-85, and 6-5 including the years in Buffalo and San Diego. ... Charlottes Steve Clifford is one of nine rookie coaches in the NBA this season. The only ones with a winning record are Phoenixs Jeff Hornacek and Atlantas Mike Budenholzer. ... Griffin has committed 43 turnovers in his last 12 games, including a career-worst eight last Saturday against Utah. ... Walker has scored in double figures in 22 straight games, the longest such streak of his career. ... Charlotte came in having allowed an average of 93.8 points, third-lowest in the league. Last season the Bobcats had the second-most porous defence, giving up 102.7 per game. ... The Bobcats have gotten double-digit scoring from both Walker and Jefferson in each of the last 20 games. The club record for a tandem is 28 games, by Jason Richardson and Gerald Wallace in 2007-08. Martin Brodeur Jersey . -- Novak Djokovic benefited from an erroneous call and claimed he didnt realize he had broken the rules. Brian Gibbons Jersey . Plata blasted a rising shot to the upper left corner for his team-leading seventh goal of the season. He got the kick after referee Allen Chapman ruled Chris Tierney fouled John Stertzer in the penalty area. http://www.nhldevilshockeystore.com/mic ... od-jersey/. The third-ranked Buckeyes were down eight points to Notre Dame with less than 2 minutes to play and their offence was nowhere to be found. Scott Wedgewood Jersey . "Hopefully well get all this out of the way," he said, "and everyone will be healthy the rest of the year." Zimmerman was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and is expected to miss between four to six weeks. Cory Schneider Jersey . Wheeler scored at 4:58 of overtime, with Scheifele getting an assist, and the Jets beat the slumping Colorado Avalanche 2-1 on Sunday night.TORONTO - Bill McCreary admits he made hundreds and hundreds of mistakes in his career as an NHL referee. But one stands out.The Dallas Stars were in Los Angeles to play the Kings at the Great Western Forum. McCreary let a goal stand on a delayed penalty that shouldnt have counted, and coach Larry Robinson lost it.I look over at the L.A. bench and Larrys standing on the bench giving me the choke sign, McCreary recalled. So now I throw him out of the game and everything just snowballed from there.One problem: McCreary knew he was wrong. Despite 14 years in the league, his mental lapse cost the Kings a goal in a loss and Robinson $5,000.I shouldve known better, McCreary said in a recent phone interview. I learned to keep my whistle on my fingers and not in my mouth when youre working with two senior linesmen.Thats one of a handful of lessons McCreary learned during a career that included 1,737 regular-season games, a record 297 in the playoffs including another record 44 in the Stanley Cup final and three Olympic Games. On Monday hell be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame as part of the class of 2014 with Peter Forsberg, Dominik Hasek, Mike Modano, Rob Blake and the late Pat Burns.McCreary, who was elected in his first year of eligibility, will be the 16th official in the Hall of Fame.I think it has a lot to do with his performance on the ice as an official in the game over a real long period of time, NHL director of officiating Stephen Walkom said in a phone interview. I think in the modern era, Bill McCreary is synonymous with excellence in officiating. Hes just one of the greatest officials that the NHLs ever had.The Guelph, Ont., native said he refereed with two words in mind: fair and safe. They got him to seven straight Stanley Cup final series and eight overall under four different NHL management teams.The consistency part, thats what an official strives to be is consistent within himself, said McCreary, whos now a spokesman for Crown Royals Make the Right Call campaign to promote responsible drinking and an off-ice officiating manager. So I think that shows that that accomplishment was achieved.Referees are often the first people on the ice to get booed before a game and receive the brunt of criticism from players, coaches and wrath from fans. Somehow, McCreary earned respect all around.Walkom, who has worked on and off the ice with McCreary, said that has to do with confidence and trust. Blake cited communication skills.You could have legitimate conversations with (McCreary), Blake said in a phone interview. Theres some refs, even in a heated moment, youre never going to be able to have a conversation with a guy. But Billy was good that way.He was always willing to talk, it didnt matter if you were first year in the league or 15th year in the league. But he was fair. Hed give you the call and he explained about why you got the call. Thats kind of all players really ask for.Prior to McCrearys final NHL game in April 2011, then-Washington Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau enjoyed the mutual respect the longtime referee cultivated.(He) didnt call all the piddly stuff unless it was that kind of game, or hed let stuff go and then hed come over and hed communicate with the coaches, Boudreau said. If anybody wants to be a good ref, all you have to do is learn how to communicate properly with the coaches and it makes it so much easier on everybody concerned.McCreary ttranscended eras, working a little over half his NHL career under the one-referee system and then the rest of it working with another on the ice at the same time.dddddddddddd The 58-year-old conceded it changed his job immensely.(As one referee) it was your game, you were in charge of it and you may have been bad one night but at least you were bad in both ends of the ice, he said. At least you were consistently bad or you were consistently good or you were just consistent. When you went two referees, what you were trying to do is take two judgments of two men and get it as close as possible into one.Unlike baseball umpires, NHL officials dont travel in crews, which means McCreary worked with many other referees. Walkom called him a great role model to younger officials, and other colleagues glowed about how McCreary didnt bigfoot anyone because of his experience.He exuded confidence and left no doubt about who was in charge of the game, referee Dave Jackson said. He also helped mentor every young referee he worked with. You never went on the ice with Billy feeling subordinate, he built you up and made you feel like an equal partner.Early in his career and in important games, McCreary preferred to work alongside senior referees and linesmen because the respect between players and coaches and officials was built in. Later on, he relished the mentor role.It kept me young, it was fun, it was refreshing being with them all day long, McCreary said. It made me be a better person going to the gym every day with them. It also allowed me to mentor them a little bit and try to teach them things that had been handed down to me over time.McCreary first worked the Stanley Cup final in 1994, so that remains a pleasant memory. He also did the 1991 Canada Cup, Wayne Gretzkys final game and the 1998, 2002 and 2010 Olympics.Some seventh games in the Cup final and the gold-medal matchups between Canada and the U.S. in 2002 and 2010 are some of his most treasured accomplishments.It was the first time that a Canadian referee was allowed to referee the United States against Canada in a championship event, McCreary said. That was a big honour.That didnt happen by accident. Walkom praised McCrearys work ethic in games, no matter how big.Off the ice, it remained the same. During the 2004-05 lockout, McCreary picked up a job from a Guelph neighbour delivering, installing and building kitchen cabinets.When the raw material comes in the back door and you see the finished product go out sort of the front door, its a rewarding experience to know you were a part of it, McCreary said.McCreary joins fellow member of the Guelph Hockey Referees Association Ray Scapinello in the Hockey Hall of Fame.McCreary learned from him and the late John McCauley how to officiate at a high level for a long period of time.I think something I learned was to get respect you have to give respect, McCreary said. You always dont have to put your arm in the air and call a penalty, but you certainly have to let people know maybe why you didnt or maybe the next time why you will. Its a skill that, its hard to develop because its about gaining respect with the players and coaches and managers and it takes a lot of hard work. But I think its very vital to be successful.---Follow @SWhyno on TwitterNote to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version said George Ashley was in the Hockey Hall of Fame. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email