Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 03:49

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Wyoming and leads the team with 72 tackles, whil
СообщениеДобавлено: 31 май 2018, 06:01 

Очков репутации: 1

Добавить очки репутацииУменьшить очки репутации
MILWAUKEE -- Before LeBron James played his first-ever NBA game more than 13 years ago, he broke bread with Moses Malone. And Tuesday, the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar pushed past the man he affectionately refers to as Uncle Mo on the leagues all-time scoring list.With 9:11 remaining in the first quarter of the Cavs eventual?114-108 overtime win over the Milwaukee Bucks, James reached 27,410 points for his career, doing what Malone did best: scoring off an offensive rebound. The bucket edged James past Malone for eighth on the all-time scoring list.James finished with 34 points on the night, bringing his career total to 27,442.?The occasion of nearing Malone in the history books caused James to reflect on him. Malone, a three-time MVP and one-time champion, died in September 2015 at age 60.I just think [of] his dominance in his era, James said at shootaround Tuesday morning. His ability to score the ball, his ability to rebound the ball. Hes just very dominant. He was the first person that I actually got an opportunity to see my rookie year. I ate pregame lunch with him, rookie year, [before] my first game in Sacramento. He came to my hotel room in Sacramento, we ate [a] pregame meal, just talked about what its like to be a rookie in the league.He gave me a bunch of stories, and so it was very sad when I [saw] him pass. And, obviously, you know every time I saw him I called him Uncle Mo every time, because he was always just there for me. To see his name right there, and to see me with a notion of what could happen tonight, its just very special.James said he still remembers Malones message that day.It was just about hard work and dedication, James said. Whatever you give to the game, the game will give back to you. ... That was already in my head, but when you hear it from someone who had accomplished so much, it resonates even more.As James has climbed the all-time scoring ranks, he has passed a diverse group of players along the way. The past several players he passed were big men -- Malone for eighth, Elvin Hayes for ninth, Hakeem Olajuwon for 10th -- but he also found himself stacking his accomplishments against wing players: Oscar Robertson for 11th and?Dominique Wilkins for 12th.Thats what makes our game so great, James said. Youve got so many different players, so many different facets, so many different skill sets, and then at the end of the day, theyre all greats for a reason in their own right. So this game has seen a lot of great basketball players, a lot of great individuals, so like I said, for me, any time I see my name up there with anyone thats ranked up there with the greats is always humbling.Shaquille ONeal, James former teammate, is next on the list with 28,596 points. Donte Jackson Super Bowl Jersey . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. D. J. Moore Super Bowl Jersey . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.pantherssuperbowljerseys.com/ . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Rashaan Gaulden Super Bowl Jersey . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. Cheap Panthers Super Bowl Jerseys . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Boise State has likely seen its opportunity at snatching a Cotton Bowl invitation slide away and has work to do just to reach the Mountain West conference title game.The No. 24 Broncos were outworked by an upstart Wyoming squad last Saturday to fall from the ranks of the unbeaten. And the 30-28 loss to the Cowboys means Boise State (7-1, 3-1) has to make up two games on Wyoming (6-2, 4-0) just to be the Mountain Division champ and qualify for the conference title game.The Broncos will begin the task of trying to overtake the Cowboys when they host San Jose State on Friday night (10:15 p.m. ET, ESPN 2). The Spartans (3-6, 2-3) are winless against Boise State in 12 previous meetings.Theres also this tidbit: San Jose State last defeated a ranked team on the road on Nov. 1, 1980 when it upset a No. 10 Baylor squad led by future Hall of Fame linebacker Mike Singletary.Spartans coach Ron Caragher is well aware of the challenge of duplicating that feat as Boise State has won 100 of its last 106 home games.Theyve got good players across the board, a well-balanced football team, Caragher said at a press conference. Were going to need to play on a very high level for four quarters.San Jose State figures to encounter an irritated batch of Broncos still smarting from the loss to Wyoming.But dwelling on the defeat could prove more harmful and the Boise State players insist they wont have the costly loss on their minds.Its time to move on, sophomore defensive end Durrant Miles told reporters. Obviously, we cant go back and change it, as much as wed love to, but all we can do is move forward.Senior weak-side linebacker Ben Weaver echoed similar thoughts as the Broncos try to patch up the issues that led to them allowing a season worst for points.All we can do is focus on ourselves and focus on going 1-0 this week with San Jose State, said Weaver, and correcting this game and doing all we can to win this next game and continue to win.Boise State also needs to work on its turnover margin -- which is tied for 122nd nationally. The Broncos have committed 13 turnovers and forced only four.The deciding play in the loss to Wyoming was when quarterback Brett Rypien fumbled and the ball rolled out of the end zone for a safety with 1:25 remaining.Wee just didnt come up with enough plays and we didnt win the turnover battle, Boise State coach Bryan Harsin said.dddddddddddd Weve been talking about its just a matter of time, if you dont do that, you put yourself in a tough position.Rypien has thrown just six interceptions but three have come in the past two games. He has passed for 2,359 yards and 15 touchdowns with his favorite target being senior receiver Thomas Sperbeck, who has 55 catches for 890 yards and seven touchdowns.Sperbeck needs one reception to become the fifth player in Boise State history to reach 200 career catches.Broncos running back Jeremy McNichols leads the nation with 18 total touchdowns (14 rushing, four receiving) and he has scored at least once in 20 consecutive games. The junior rushed for 143 yards and two touchdowns against Wyoming to raise his season total to 1,058 yards -- sixth-most nationally.Boise State has allowed an average of 26.7 points over its past three games. Weaver matched his career high of 16 tackles against Wyoming and leads the team with 72 tackles, while sophomore defensive tackle David Moa leads Boise State with 6 1/2 sacks.San Jose State is taking care of the football much better than the Broncos. The Spartans have gone 12 quarters without committing a turnover since a miscue in the fourth quarter against Hawaii on Oct. 8.Its no coincidence weve won the turnover battle the last three weeks and won two of those three games, Caragher said. We always preach to our guys that we need to protect the football. Ill take a sack any day over just throwing the football up for grabs. Thats a streak were going to look to build upon.Senior quarterback Kenny Potter has passed for 1,544 yards and 11 touchdowns against six interceptions. Senior receiver Tim Crawley has caught 34 passes for 389 yards while sophomore wideout Tre Hartley stretches the field with 33 receptions for 572 yards.San Jose States defense allows 35.1 points per game but has received solid play from junior cornerback Andre Chachere (team-leading three interceptions) and senior defensive end Nick Oreglia (team-high 8 1/2 tackles for losses). NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys ' ' '

Профиль Отправить email